Thread: Nuke VX build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well said man! I did more picture gazing than reading the first time but your 100% right. If he does have a ton of experience and he's just not using it on your truck, I'd find someone else. And shoot, even with him getting married he should never shove a vehicle out that's not done right. If I'm working on someones ride, I won't let it leave unless it's done right and to my standards, that's your business rep driving out the door. I'd prefer a shop that tells me they need to keep it a few more days because they need to "polish" some things up than just throw it together and get it out. Still excited to see it running and sitting on those big meats but yeah I'd make sure all that stuff was taken care of before I decided to drive it. I'm really surprised he used the stock rear links too.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

I agree with what Zeus said. Would anyone else be concerned with the amount of oil volume lost from the modified oil pan?? I would have thought a low profile oil pan with side bolsters would have been a better solution. Just seems he lost about 2 quarts work of oil on that pan modification.

I didn't look closely at the pics until after reading Zeus's post and have to agree with his obsevations. Hopefully your builder will be able to get all the issues worked out and create a safe beast for you. Keep us updated.

Not sure how much research you have done prior to your project but it might be helpfull to do a bit of searching and reading about the issues you are experiencng on the Pirate 4x4 site. There is a lot of good info there.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I agree with what Zeus said. Would anyone else be concerned with the amount of oil volume lost from the modified oil pan?? I would have thought a low profile oil pan with side bolsters would have been a better solution. Just seems he lost about 2 quarts work of oil on that pan modification.
    I think that's why Ascinder is using the Vette's "batwing" pan. A dry sump LS7 pan would have been sweet too.