First... I'd like to say sorry for being the friend that only calls when he needs something

Honestly my life has been busy busy busy... chasing the little one... 8 month deal on my short sale, getting the garage/house properly outfitted.

Anyway, on the the vehicross.

===================================

Drove about 1 mile from my house was headed down a fairly steep hill, coming to a stop at a light. And nothing... car shut off, check engine light blinking, won't fire up.

Battery is A-OK, Brand new Sears Platinum (#1 Rated batter from Overland Journal)

In fact I was able to keep the key cranking over to give me power steering while I costed off to the side of the road to get out of harms way.

I haven't had a chance to run the scan tool, so of course I'm not going to be giving really useful information, but I wouldn't mind some early guesses

When the key is turned on all gauges read correctly but the fuel gauge which shows a below empty tank (I gassed up yesterday) The sound of the VX 'trying' to start sounds like no fuel. This leads me to believe it's a fuel pump

I replaced the fuel filter less than 4,000 miles ago. So I don't believe it's that.

Thoughts?

How difficult is our fuel pump to change?

Could it be as simple as a fuse/relay/sending unit type deal?

Thanks guys...

Oh and I do miss you all greatly.

Richie