Any body have any good ideas on front winch mounts? I'm picking up a Recon rope winch: http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?p...Winch&p_cat=77
It's been out for 2 years and has all good reviews so far and it is very well made. They only make 2 winches, so they save money on tooling as most winch suppliers sell twenty different winches. They are made in Australia, so no Chinese BS. Lots of bells and whistles. It's waterproof, rated 10,500lbs, wired and wireless remote, and the rope, which makes the unit weight half of their cable winch at 62lbs. They sell direct, so pricing is very reasonable. On Ebay they sell for about $460 shipped, with a three year warranty.

I've got a safari push bar that someone could weld a winch mounting plate to, but I'm not sure how well it is attached. The best way would be to mount it on a 2-1/4" reciever, so it could be easily moved to the front or rear depending on the situation, but that may get a bit complicated. If I end up with a custom bumper, I would want a hidden one behind the cladding, with just the receiver poking thru.

Thanks,
Paul