Thread: Weird stuff you remember from your mis-spent yoot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    My best friend during early high school (like 7th or 8th grade IIRC) got his pant leg caught in the chain & sprocket of his Hodaka dirt bike (don't remember model name) and I had to learn how to extractimicate someone from a tricky situation as he sorta had the bike on him...sorta.

weird stuff:

1) pet rocks we were easily entertained!!
    1.5) Space Rocks candy..urban legend has it that Mikey (Life Cereal commercials) died eat'in soda & Space Rocks!
    2) sea monkeys they didn't look anything like the caricatures on the box!
    2.5) etch 'o' sketch.....look ma...I made a staircase!
    2.75) Silly Putty, Play Dough & Slime BABY!!!!
    3) buddies AMC Gremlin & my Aunt's AMC Pacer
    4) movie "Deliverance" @ the drive-in...me (6 years old) in backseat...Mom & Dad up front...Mom with hands over my eyes screaming "don't look!"...me hearing some guy squealing like a peeg wondering what the heck is Mom soooo upset about????
    5)disco...disco dying...disco dead...in like 6 months...
    6)urban cowboy movie creates fad....fad dies in like 6 months...
    7)Six Million Dollar Man...he's super fast but runs in slow motion
    8)Bell-Bottom Jeans
    LOL...MY aunt had a Pacer too.

I thought disco lasted for decades, musta just SEEMED like ten years in a row...

And speaking of etch-a-sketch...

Last edited by Ldub : 05/30/2009 at 03:27 AM

Kids today are such wimps. We had the original Lawn Darts. And it didn't take long for us to realize how much more fun they were if we threw them at each other. Then we had the little hand guns that shot silver balls that were filled with chalk. They would break the skin. And caps. We would take a whole roll and hit em with a hammer....what a bang. And Creepy Crawlers had real burners that got to 300 degrees...fun. And the bow and arrow sets with the suction cup.....it was so fun to play cowboys and indians and get to be an indian. In fact it was very popular for a young boy to be "part indian". We would sneek up behind the cowboy and blast him in the back of the neck with the arrow....kids today.
    I'm just saying

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Kids today are such wimps. We had the original Lawn Darts. And it didn't take long for us to realize how much more fun they were if we threw them at each other. Then we had the little hand guns that shot silver balls that were filled with chalk. They would break the skin. And caps. We would take a whole roll and hit em with a hammer....what a bang. And Creepy Crawlers had real burners that got to 300 degrees...fun. And the bow and arrow sets with the suction cup.....it was so fun to play cowboys and indians and get to be an indian. In fact it was very popular for a young boy to be "part indian". We would sneek up behind the cowboy and blast him in the back of the neck with the arrow....kids today.
    I'm just saying
    LOL...you grew up in my neighborhood...

And remember croquet? What a sissy came of hitting solid wood balls. Now to spice the game up we would swing like we were golfing and BAM right in the ankle. The other player went down and I was the winner. As far as candy, remember when Sweetarts made the bid candy the size of a yoyo? Man those things made my tongue bleed. And how about the click clacks. The two solid plastic balls on a string. You clicked them together until they hit at the top and bottom. Then they would either explode or bust your wrist. Come on toy makers....bring back the good toys.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    And remember croquet? What a sissy came of hitting solid wood balls. Now to spice the game up we would swing like we were golfing and BAM right in the ankle. The other player went down and I was the winner. As far as candy, remember when Sweetarts made the bid candy the size of a yoyo? Man those things made my tongue bleed. And how about the click clacks. The two solid plastic balls on a string. You clicked them together until they hit at the top and bottom. Then they would either explode or bust your wrist. Come on toy makers....bring back the good toys.
    I'd totally forgotten about click clacks (took years of therapy... ) wow, now THAT was a toy!

Crossman pellet guns, M-80's Cherry Bombs, Silver Salutes...these are a few of my favorite things...

Damn, Lbud, that's just spooky!
    I was trying to drscribe those to the little lady the other day...
    Kind of the consistincy of an old Three Musketeers bar (inside)
    I can still taste those Pillsbury space food sticks....
    I bet if you could find a box, they would still be edible.
    Don't forget to wash it down with a nice glass of Tang!
    Best,
    Last edited by snowtrooper1966 : 05/30/2009 at 08:28 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Standing in line all day to see this new movie premire. Something about a War in the Stars...

Unhappy swing -n- a miss...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I'd totally forgotten about click clacks (took years of therapy... ) wow, now THAT was a toy!

Crossman pellet guns, M-80's Cherry Bombs, Silver Salutes...these are a few of my favorite things...
    I TOTALLY dropped the ball the other day......

I found an original set of click clacks on ebay...and DIDN'T bid on em'.

Must be a sign of the lagging economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I TOTALLY dropped the ball the other day......

I found an original set of click clacks on ebay...and DIDN'T bid on em'.

Must be a sign of the lagging economy.
    Haha, yeah I bought a toy on eBay the other day that was originally a toy from radio shack that I bought for my brother, now that I have it I am like...... uh this isn't as fun as it used to be, haha, but I am still glad I have it, I know what you mean though, I would probably pass on it right now.