Hi all. I have only posted a time or two but have read as much about these things as I can in the time I have been here. My name is Sam and I'm from West TN, just a bit north of Memphis. I found this site when I started looking at the VehiCROSS as a play toy and project. Then I found one and grabbed it. It is a 1999 silver and had 109K miles when I bought it. It has new BFG tires on it, 265-75-16. I think they call them 32's don't they?

There it is crammed in my garage. I had to park it there the other day because somehow my driver's side window popped completely out of the track and fell to the bottom of the door. I had to drive home from Memphis (about 40 minutes) with the window completely wide open, and it was about 37 degrees outside. Not so fun. This was right after I had to get a boost to leave work because my battery decided to die right then. Good times
I guess in his/her lame attempt to stop the window tilt problem, the PO hacked at the weather stripping with a razor knife.

Is replacement weather stripping available or should I look for a member parting out a wrecked VX?

So, I have already ordered OME springs for the back, new bump stops for the front and rear, SBC window brackets and spare tire cover brackets (mine only had 1 plastic screw thingy), a Taurus cup holder to fill a big gap at the bottom of my center console... I think that's all I have ordered. Oh wait, I also ordered an air filter kit I found on ebay. One of the PO's slapped a K&N on the end of the intake tube and tie-wrapped it to the fender. It is nasty and damaged. Lame

Hopefully the one I ordered will clean that right up. ** notice the HID ballast, I had a couple HID lights that I pulled out of my Escape that went right in.

Another problem I have is with the heat and A/C controls. The temp selection works and the location switch works, but the fan controls have been disconnected and a toggle switch has been added to the high speed.

So what this does is give me all or nothing on the fan. I also don't know if the a/c works or even comes on. I have not pulled the panel off to fix this and undo the carnage yet. I hope I can put it back to normal. After reading about fan woes on this site, I am lead to believe I need to buy a replacement resistor. I would like to know if there is a consensus on where to buy these factory replacement parts, and of course where that is. Also, I have no lights in this panel. I don't know if it is because the power has been removed, or if all the bulbs are bad.

Last issue, and this is minor, is a missing trim panel that goes just inside the rear door at the end of the headliner.

I figured I could get one from a part-out VX eventually.

So, I hope I didn't bore anyone to tears with this. This is a great site.
Thanks!