Hi there everyone. Wondering if there's anyone out there who can help me out. I posted a not-so-helpful problem here back in May 2008...since I didn't really know what was wrong with my VX. My car suddenly died while driving, and I had enough inertia to pull safely to the side of the road into a parking spot. All of the lights on the dash would come on, including the check engine light. The engine would roll over, but it would not start. My dad took a look at it, and found that a fuse was burnt. He tried replacing the fuse, but every time he put a new one in, that one would pop as well, even as he increased the amp on the fuse. Well, after a while of searching, my dad found that it was the ECM causing the problem. We were fortunately enough to locate a used ECM in Sacramento, and replaced my former one...and it worked!...up until 2 weeks ago. The same thing happened while I was pulling off the freeway...the engine cut off while I was driving, the engine light came on, and the power steering and power braking stopped...this was while I was exiting the freeway during rush hour traffic on a Friday night. But thank God, I was on the right lane, and once again had enough inertia to pull off into a little island area between an exit and an entrance of a 45mph zone.
This time, we of course deduced that it was the same problem, and ordered another ECM unit. This time, it had to be shipped from the east coast (I am near San Francisco). It just arrived, and he replaced it again, but this time it didn't fair off as well as the previous time. With the newly installed ECM, the VX actually started, and stayed that way...for 20 seconds. Then it blew the fuse again, and now when he tried to replace the fuse again, it would behave the same as the other ECMs that we had. Now I'm stuck without knowing what to do. As I searched the site, I noticed someone stating that an ECM problem is unlikely, and not many have had that problem before. I'm beginning to wonder if it was an ECM problem to begin with! How likely is it that THREE ECMs have the same issue? Does anybody here have any advice on what to do? The fuses just keep on blowing, and now I'm stuck with 3 ECMs, and the car is still not starting. Please HELP! Thanks in advance!