Thread: 5-Speed Swap Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tod

Just did alot of research on the subject and the trooper has two more switches 4wheeldrive and a TOD switch somone has the scamatic here on this site shows the difference between the two check it out, and yes it can be done. Manual drive needs the two switches cause its a manual,

I see no reason why a rodeo transmission wouldn't fit straight in - here in the UK we have the Frontera with the Isuzu V6 same as the JDM VX - having examined the whole transmission i have discovered that a donor manual V6 frontera transmission would bolt straight to the VX power unit - the frontera transmission is SOTF like the JDM VX so giving 4WD by button and low range as well
    surely a US rodeo V6 is the same as a frontera and a rodeo ecu would fit the VX as a swop sorting out the auto transmission problems
    the transmission comes with a 'dual mass' flywheel and handles speeds up to 130 mph easily
    cheers
    Steve
    Isuzu Vehicross 3.2 V6 24 Valve

I am subscribed to this now. I want a bad *** 5/6 speed vehicross and still retain TOD.

Yo,

I'm Brand new to the forum, but this is one of the only things I consider to be flawed about the VX. I have decided that when my Auto Transmission begins to crap out I WILL be replacing it with a manual. Given the surprises that my VX throws at me this could be tomarrow or it could be a year from now. An earlier post stated that the ar-5 could be bolted in. Would I need a new bell housing and/or a TOD adapter if it came from a 1999 Trooper? My goal would be to keep the TOD system.

Quest for the third pedal.

Okey dokey. My Vehicross is going in to have the TOD case worked on this wednessday. To do this they're gonna have to drop it out of the truck. While its out I will be taking many pictures of the input. I will also be taking pictures of the back of the transmission.

I have found a shop in topeka willing to do the conversion as long as I've done all the leg work (Finding out if it would actually work, getting parts ect.). My goal would be to keep the TOD and I think the 99-02 trooper trans could be the answer. One question I have though is about the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Is it on the transmission. If it is it could cause some trouble with the conversion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If this can happen and still retain the TOD a Quafe sequential gearbox will be fitted.

it's on the transfercase. If any 1 of you guys pull this off, please post cost, parts list of full done project and labor cost and/or time Please. I'm going to do this mod when my tranny gives and i'm at 142,000 miles right now, so when it gives I'm going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo114 View Post
    Okey dokey. My Vehicross is going in to have the TOD case worked on this wednessday. To do this they're gonna have to drop it out of the truck. While its out I will be taking many pictures of the input. I will also be taking pictures of the back of the transmission.

I have found a shop in topeka willing to do the conversion as long as I've done all the leg work (Finding out if it would actually work, getting parts ect.). My goal would be to keep the TOD and I think the 99-02 trooper trans could be the answer. One question I have though is about the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Is it on the transmission. If it is it could cause some trouble with the conversion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

My trans just blew up yesterday, so I am off to the junkyard this weekend to look for a manual.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.