Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Common VX problems you'd like Isuzu to resolve.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD

Petition to Isuzu, Common VX problems & dealer service.

THE PETITION IS HERE.

Post your beef with your VX and your dealer here.
    Last edited by paultvx : 07/17/2003 at 04:36 PM

Details about my car:

2001 Kaiser Silver purchased new May 18th, 2002 at Covert Isuzu
    Currently 13,760 miles as of today's date

Parts/Labor I have had to have replaced since ownership:

*headlight gaskets (twice) - disintegrating around exterior portion of headlights
    * windshield wipers - excessive peeling/flaking
    * hood insert - large crack (7") appeared overnight
    * headlights themselves due to covers peeling and discoloring near 'horn' area
    * all 4 chrome rims due to peeling/pitting/bubbling on inside

Negative experiences I have had with dealership - all warranty work done at Covert Isuzu in Austin, Texas:

*1st fix of headlight gaskets took 3 service technicians to handle and finally, after 6 weeks of waiting, a call to the service manager to get the ball rolling. Once the parts arrived, it only took a couple of hours to get it done.
    *Dealership originally tried to tell me my rims were not chrome and wasn't sure if they would be covered. After whipping out my original window sticker detailing the features of the car, they acknowledged they were chrome. They advised they had never seen this problem before and swore up and down that it isn't a common problem until I printed out the multiple threads from this forum and club vmag detailing that it is common. They ordered my rims for me and then gave them to another Vehicross owner who had the same problem but came in after I did. They ordered a second set for me and called me in to have them replaced. After leaving my car there all day, I find out that the other owner had a scratched rim in the replacement set and they again used one on order for me to fix that Vehicross so I was once again forced to bring it in an additional time. Also, if I hadn't checked before leaving the lot, Covert would have sent me out on tires filled only to 23 psi instead of the recommended 35 psi on the stock tires.
    *Originally denied my claim regarding the headlights saying that I was 'getting enough stuff replaced' and that they only buffed out 'some' of the peeling/discoloration on the headlights. They wouldn't replace them. I went home and thought about it over the weekend and decided that wasn't good enough especially since this was the weekend that the hood insert issue appeared. I called on Monday and advised that I wasn't going to take no for an answer and after a 30 minute call to the service manager, managed to get them, my hood insert and my windshield wiper replacements ordered.
    *I also have the slow window motor problem but I have not brought that to their attention yet or had it dealt with.
    *They never call me to let me know when parts are in or labor is finished. Whenever my car is at Covert, I spend all day calling to find out its status and whether or not it is finished. To date, they have yet to meet a requested finish time so I can pick my car up according to my schedule.

I have to take it into the dealership again this week (this will be a total of 7 visits in about a year) and will post/edit to this entry as appropriate.

6/7/03 Update - had my VX into the dealership this week for headlight replacement (crazing problem) and a new hood insert (cracked). I picked it up, was in a hurry and checked it out later. Results: front right headlight gasket was incompletely installed, new hood insert was chipped at both top corners and the left headlight didn't work at all. Also, they gouged the cladding on the left side when they used a screwdriver to pry the headlight workings out.

6/25/03 Update: Took my VX back into the dealership yesterday for them to repair the things they messed up on 6/7. The third hood insert installed today has worse chips in it than the one previously installed. They are currently ordering me a FOURTH hood insert so I can come back in another two weeks. At least the headlights work this time.

Jennifer Gray
    Austin, TX
    Last edited by Vasha13 : 07/01/2003 at 06:25 AM

windows , cd player, rubber around headlights wiper arms peeling,

Angry

1. window
    2. headlight rubber surroundings
    3. wind noise
    4. cd changer
    5. wiper peeling
    6. rims peeling

1) Windows

2) Water Leak

3) Lies About Work Done While Fixing Water Leak

4) Collateral damage done to vehicle interior whilst fixing water leak.

5) General lack of support and interest by dealers....ALL dealers.

.....sT
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Thumbs down pROBLEMS

Seats coming loose, rattle in dash, sh!!!y gas mileage, rubber around lights, exhaust, I'll think of some more when calmed down......but these are problems that dealer will not fix. I have had plenty of other problems, but had to fight to the burm just to get those fixed under warranty......they just can't view problem at hand amd admit it is a legit problem.
    They start with stuff like "you have a after market air cleaner......modified...can't fix it"

My case may be a little out of the scope, but my VX had, and still has, a paint flaw on the hood. The dealer I bought it from, Bishop Isuzu of Ohio, said to bring it in a week after I bought. During that week they promptly went out of business, absconded with my traded-in vehicle, which has as of yet, NOT been paid off. It's been a credit nightmare. They also told me they would replace my wheels and repair my windshield seal water leak. The only one of these items that got repaired was the windshield seal at Fred Martin Isuzu (good dealership).
    Stick with what works.

Heres my list of annoyances:
    #1 All four wheels flaking on the backside.
    #2 Headlight gaskets came loose
    #3 Winshield wipers paint flaked off
    #4 Headlight lens getting cloudy spots
    #5 passenger window slow to raise/binding

All but #1 have been corrected/replaced or repaired by myself.

2001 Victory White Vehicross, 58000 miles.

1. window binding problem (dealer fixed, but It's starting to happen again)

2. cd changer problem (it fixed itself, but it's starting to freak out again, and I have no doubt that I'll be having it replaced this year)

3. problem where not enough lubrication gets to the #1 cylinder which results in you getting a new short block.

Unlike most dealers, mine actually has good customer service. They also didn't hassle me about fixing all of my problems under waranty.

2001 Ebony, 36,000 miles

El Problemos:

1. Bad cd player
    2. Crack in hood insert
    3. Binding windows
    4. Headlight gaskets loose.

My original dealer from whom I purchased the vehicle (Pacifico) had the Isuzu portion of their dealership taken from them by Isuzu. Well deserved. I now go to Keystone Motors in Landsdale, Pa. which is primarily a Volvo dealership. So far, the service has been great. They replaced my cd player with NO questions asked. They attempted to fix the window binding problem by lubricating the tracks, but this only worked for a few days. I'll be going in for service in the next week or so, and will see what they can do about items 2 thru 4. I don't anticipate any problems, as they seem to know what service is about at Keystone...

Lightbulb

I had most of these problems on BOTH of my VX's (2000 and a 2001). Currently, I have ALL of these problems on my newest one, which was bought new just 15 months ago.

1- headlight trim coming off (both)
    2- hood insert cracking (both)
    3- chrome wheels flaking and bubbling (2001)
    4- wiper arms fading and peeling (2001)
    5- headlight plastic flaking (both)
    6- power windows lagging (2000)
    7- CD Changer (2000)
    8- service dept cooperation/competence (2000)
    9- ISUZU of America cooperation/responsibility to customers (2000)

I have a nice list for my old Rodeo and Amigo also, but I am sure I can save those for another chapter. Those were MOSTLY service and headquarters problems.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

2001 Ebony VX #1301, bought new Jan 2003, 6400 miles.

Problems fixed by dealer to date:
    1. All 4 chrome rims peeling badly. Buz Post Isuzu in Arlington, Texas replaced all 4 under warranty.

Current problems yet to be addressed:
    1. Rubber trim around both headlights flapping in the breeze, and both headlights show UV "hazing" of the plastic around the "horn" area of the headlights.
    2. Both wiper blade arms are peeling and discolored.
    3. Window regulator issues; no major binding yet, but I'm sure I'm due like everyone else.
    4. Beginning of a "line" on my hood insert; sounds like the beginning of the hood insert cracking problem.

I hope the dealer is as willing and easy to work with on these other issues. Rob A.

1999 Astral bought used Sept. 2002 with 36k. Now has 51k.

Only problems I have had were:
    1. headlight gaskets falling off. I super glued back on.
    2. Driver window binding. I apply silicone spray every when it needs it. Seems OK.
    3. CD player acting up on disc #6. I have replaced the factory radio with a Sony.

I guess I should be so lucky?

Oh and I have never been to the dealer for anything. All service is performed by Firestone Matercare in St. Charles. They have been GREAT!
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

I have a 2001, with 32000 miles

I have had my hood replace due to ripple in plastic
    Cd changer is toast
    passenger side window at first would not seal..created water leak..dealer fixed x3
    check engine light came on x4..turned out to be faulty emissions sensor only took a few months to figure out
    Fasten seat belt light on..another bum sensor
    All have been fixed by dealer but they were not to happy about it
    except for the CD changer..I use my Ipod now..

1. CD Changer (fixed after call to IoA)
    2. Headlight rubber came off both lights (fixed)
    3. BAD BAD Shocks (never fixed, excuses like tire size and air pressure causing TOD to react funny, shocks are being replaced with Rancho's)
    4. Weather stripping on both doors tearing (fixed, kind of, they did miss one)
    5. Metal that holds weather stripping on passenger side (drip rail), cracking with rust (fixed after two months, a bogus car rental, and a call to IoA, and Buz Post service manager)
    6. both windows binding (fixed, but messed up tint on windows, and fixed without telling me, I told them I would have them re-tinted by the original tint shop, they agreed, but when they received the bill complained about the price and agreed to only pay half)
    7. wiper arms peeling and rusted (never returned with a resolution, brushed me off until warranty ran out)
    8. Buz Post Isuzu only willing to fix "known" problems without authorization of Isuzu. (although painfully obvious there is a problem) This is in reference to the Drip rail, window binding (said it was an adjustment and not covered under warranty), and shocks (which never got replaced under warranty).
    9. Isuzu of America very uncooperative until this board is given as reference, even then not willing to return phone calls. I must call them at least three times to get a call back, and then Texas region representative (3rd one in a year and a half) is rude and not willing to help. All leg work between the dealer and Isuzu must be initiated by myself as a middle man.

Last call to Isuzu of America revealed bad bookeeping as they had no record of me having any problems with vehicle from earlier than February of 2003. This is even after them issuing the work order on the window binding issue in April of 2002.

I would say I am a very unsatisfied customer with service after the sale. Product is very good, but needs tweaking as it is a custom design, that is bound as any car to have flaws.

3C
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com