Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can We Do This ?

Can We Do This ?

I would pay someone to make something like this for my VX, any joiners ? Maybe we can ask one of these guys who fabricate stuff (Tone can you ?)
    I want this baaaaadly

http://www.mcmullenargus.com/gallery...ge=39588&pub=9

Sure, I can fabricate a one-of dash screeen piece like that, relocate your AC vents and controls - all for about $5000 - please send the funds and I’ll get started on it. Or save $4000 and get a bigger, better retractable 7” screen for the dash and play with the extra funds. Check out the screen in an Axiom or Lexus or BMW with the visibility issues in sunlight / glare and you’ll see the motorized with angle adjustments are superior in many ways.

$5k?! Holy bejeebus! I think that in all reality, I would just hire a midget to sit in my car and entertain me and passengers for that much.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    James,

Perhaps you have already made a search on this topic already, but there are pics of many different ways members have installed screens. Whether to view objects with a rear facing camera or to view DVDs, different configuations can be found -- On dash, in dash retractable, in the little cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel....
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I already have an eclipse 7002 from 99. The issue is that it looks so good and so stock. The eclipse is probably the best looking
    piece in my opinion compared to other audio video heads I have see , its just not stock looking

Originally posted by WormGod
    $5k?! Holy bejeebus! I think that in all reality, I would just hire a midget to sit in my car and entertain me and passengers for that much.
    heheh heh heheh heh... midgets are cool...

Sorry, feeling stupid today.
    ________
    Head shop
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:12 PM

I’ve got some midget friends who work cheap....

Small 2” screens such as for the cubby and rear view mirror are aweful small for the type of image you need when backing up. I’m off to Frye’s to pick up one of the 5” screens that plugs into the lighter socket to see how well it works but this seems to be the most cost effective solution I have seen.

Originally posted by Tone
    Sure, I can fabricate a one-of dash screeen piece like that, relocate your AC vents and controls - all for about $5000 - please send the funds and I’ll get started on it. .
    Hey Tone I tried to send the funds but PayPal wouldn't accept a money transfer that large.... hehehe....

However, I momentarily believed you and for a brief second was about to flip a coin to decide between
    - SuperCharger
    or
    - Indash whachamaho!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b33bb7a0846b

Screen looks good but not as bright as my indash pop-out screen. Tuner works well and comes with an ultraslim remote. Shaft that goes into the cig lighter needs to be heated and bent slightly to clear the stock shift knob when in park but other wise just plugs right in - video in functions well. Shot below is broadcast TV in my garage.

Not much of a bargain at $300... you can get a cheap in-dash 5" LCD screen for $200. I suppose this unit is amazingly easy to "install", but so is a single-DIN device.

It plugs into the cigarette lighter - let me know how that 5” screen mount fabrication is coming, finished yet? This also has a built in TV tuner, measures 5”, and has a video in jack. I just added a video screen and tv in one minute while you are still just talking and talking and talking about it. And did you miss the post about it being on sale for $188 plus tax? Guess so.....

Sure, it's convenient, but kind of reminds me of using a Sony Discman on a little stand with the cassette adapter plugged into the tape deck to get CD sound. Cheap and easy? Sure. But to each his own! I'm looking for a sleek / hidden look that doesn't just look like I threw some components in the car. I'll not judge others, this is just what I want, and yes, it's taking a lot of research to ensure that I'll be satisfied with the final result I'm hoping that the bottom DIN spot will work, if the screen can be angled to view it comfortably from down there.

Can you explain how you are going to fit a 5” screen fit in a single din space? The bottom slot is partially blocked by the shift lever so a popout screen is going to be difficult to see and use, especially when backing up. I agree about doing it right but YOU seem concerned about saving money. I already have a pop out 7” screen that is perfect and disappears when parked.

The camera you have power bought is quite large if it is the same as Ricks and only a few infrared LEDs will be able to “see” through the slim opening in the cover - Rick cut a hole so the whole camera can see outside.

Randy, please fill out the rest of your profile so we’ll know more about you.

Once again, let us not forget.... we VX'ers are pioneers to the new and daring world of modding. Build a bridge to the moon, and we would jump in line to be the first to try it.

I personally cant wait to get all these goods in my garage so I can tinker away. Now, if I oculd only decide what damned monitor to get and where to put it..... *sigh*

Alpine has a cherry 7" widescreen LCD for about $350, but I dunno about dumping those duckets for the monitor. The 5" Clarion wasnt widescreen but it matched the color on the interior rather well and only ran about $200. This will be a looong weekend of thought.

Exclamation wow....

....you guys got a good thread goin and i cant just sit idly by and not put in some info. I recently Installed my 7" o/h monitor and am very satisfied w/what im getting out of it and was surprised to find out in its position it is sufficient for front and rear passengers to enjoy. (no second monitor needed) And w/my head unit in the cd changer slot the open bay from the radio (in theory will be tha new home for my PS2 Im having that area customized (fiberglassed) to fit the ps2 cd slot this weekend. Pics of the monitor will be up by mornin and the ps2 stuff by end of the weekend. happy moddin peoples.....x