Thread: Alternator?

Unhappy Alternator?

Hi gang!
    Well i got a problem. A couple weeks ago i noticed that when im driving at night and using my horn my headlights and all dash lights go dimmer, this happening only when im using horn( i got air horns), even when my sub working all way up everything still fine. i tryed turn off sub and it does same dim. Im thinking its my alternator. Does anyone ever has problem like that and if yes how do you resolve it.
    Thanks

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    djkymar:

Not sure about your specific issue. However, if you determine it is an alternator problem - and decide to do one that provides more than stock amps - see my thread on the high output alternators I found. There's a few choices in there for you...

Best of luck.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

vlad, just thought about this, you should bring the VX down by me sometime, we can plug my scangauge into it and see what your voltage is when you use the horn (and i still wanna see tones headlight bulbs installed)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    vlad, just thought about this, you should bring the VX down by me sometime, we can plug my scangauge into it and see what your voltage is when you use the horn (and i still wanna see tones headlight bulbs installed)
    THIS is why I love vehicross.info so much. The camaraderie, the helpfulness, the real sense of community.

I still haven't gotten my next VX yet (I'm looking,though!), but I always enjoy browsing the posts in here.

You guys rock.

biju, yeah read your tread im gonna try find out exacly whats going on and let you know if i need one or not, thanks.
    etlsport im gonna come down soon im getting ready to buy some more stuff and i will need some help with it so i need just a lit bit time lol

alrite i got my scan gauge today and i tryed use my horn and see if voltage would change but it didnt. my normal voltage when engine is running is between 13.5 and 14 with all my lights on and everything and it chnage only 1-2 points when i use horn. Also i noticed it dim a lit bit at day time too wjen all ligths off. So now im confused what it could be? Any suggestions?

Battery - it cannot take the load. Voltage is good but Amperage seems to be lacking indicating a pending failure.

Tone
    So what should i do change the battery?