Thread: Steering Wheel Logo Removal/Replacement

Steering Wheel Logo Removal/Replacement

A search of the previous discussions of this subject did not turn up any good information.

So, has anyone actually removed the "Isuzu" logo from the steering wheel? How is it done?

Or, is there some possible danger to the air bag if you attempt to remove the logo? If so, then maybe there is some item that can be pasted over the existing logo.

I have the titanium VX logo for the front grille. It would be nice to have a smaller version on the steering wheel.

Comments?

I would say no on removal. Just try to cover it. Its part of the mold, and I don't think you could get rid of it short of cutting it out...which probably isn't a good idea...

Just my 2 cents,

Bart

It's plastic so a blow torch could do the trick!
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

Quote Originally Posted by k4tmc
    A search of the previous discussions of this subject did not turn up any good information.

So, has anyone actually removed the "Isuzu" logo from the steering wheel? How is it done?

Or, is there some possible danger to the air bag if you attempt to remove the logo? If so, then maybe there is some item that can be pasted over the existing logo.

I have the titanium VX logo for the front grille. It would be nice to have a smaller version on the steering wheel.

Comments?
    i would think twice about doing this. if the airbags were to go off, u might have a titanium VX logo lodged in u...

Quote Originally Posted by MZ-N10
    i would think twice about doing this. if the airbags were to go off, u might have a titanium VX logo lodged in u...
    i dont think that would be an issue as long as you used a decent adhesive to hold it on, the steering wheel cover should blow away from the driver when the airbags go off shouldnt they? im a little fuzzy on what happened when my airbags went off (not in the vx) but i dont remember getting hit in the face with a steering wheel lol

The center section basically rips apart allowing the airbag to deploy. Having a Ti VX badge (or anything else) adhered to this area could cause it to not seperate properly or the sharp corners of the badge could puncture the bag causing it to malfunction.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    The center section basically rips apart allowing the airbag to deploy. Having a Ti VX badge (or anything else) adhered to this area could cause it to not seperate properly or the sharp corners of the badge could puncture the bag causing it to malfunction.
    good to know.. my apologies mz