Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX Bulbs

Question VX Bulbs

Has anyone ever made a list of all replacement bulb info for the VX with associated location, part numbers, etc?
    Like part #'s or other manufacturer replacement #'s for headlights, horn lights, front turning signal, driving light, rear lights (which has multiple bulbs), rear side marker lights, interior dome light, etc. Just the bulbs that are easy to get to and might tend to at some point go dead.

Did the search thing and couldn't find an all inclusive listing. This would be good as the one place to look in the event a bulb goes and you need to get a new one.

Thoughts?

i think its good idea

This is a good idea, and I can help. I just got the Isuzu VehiCROSS parts catalog. It has everything and all the part numbers. This would give me a good reason to put it to use...

Bart

I could have used this a few weeks ago when I replaced ALL of mine. I did a ton of searching, but a 1-stop-shop would have been cool, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

another place to look is moncha's review of the LED bulbs (on the right hand side column under how-to's, hes got all the bulb numbers listed there and where they go

Replaced all of my bulbs with LEDs. Last night is the first time I took the VX out in the dark. Very impressed.

The headlight bulbs that Tone offers are very recommended as well. A nice, clear white light that doesnt appear to annoy oncoming traffic.

Yeah, this is a mod I need to do. The stock bulbs are weak sauce. Was it hard to do or is it simply just swapping bulbs? Did you have re-wire anything or install new housings?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod
    Replaced all of my bulbs with LEDs. Last night is the first time I took the VX out in the dark. Very impressed.

The headlight bulbs that Tone offers are very recommended as well. A nice, clear white light that doesnt appear to annoy oncoming traffic.

Well, it was easier for me to do since I had the VX torn down. All the cladding was disassembled so I was able to just take out the headlights. Bulb swapping is a matter of popping the old one out and sticking the new one in. Just pull out the rubber gasket surrounding the bulb housing, pop off the locking pin on the bulb and ot drops right out. Reverse the process and the new bulb is in place. I never tried with the headlights still mounted so I dont know for sure how tough it is changing bulbs that way. I imagine it is a bit tougher since the battery and airbox cover the rear of the headlights though.

I dont know if its just me but i cant find moncha`s LED review anymore.

Yeah it is missing. Dead Link to Review

That is one how to/review I havnt had a chance to convert to .pdf... Hope it isnt lost completely?
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

I stand corrected, found them here:

LED Reviews

Knigh7s, thanks man.
    I was looking video clips that moncha made and im wonder how he separeted turning on parking lights on and horn light in headlights separetly. Anyone know how to do it?

i was looking around at http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm and i found one pretty cool thing they sale. It calls third brake ligth flasher thast what they saying about it "INTRODUCING THE NEW BRAKER FLASHING BRAKE LIGHT LED SEQUENCER CONTROL MODULE

The BRAKER CONTROL MODULE WILL MAKE YOUR led brake lights strobe brightly at 10 flashes per second for two seconds every time you hit the brakes.

.........After 2 seconds the lights stays bright as long as your foot is on the brake.

*WORKS WITH LED BRAKE LIGHT BULBS

Works great for upper 3d brake lights too!"
    So i was wondering if anyone knows if it will work with our VX third brake light?

yea they work... i cant find the one on that page but tone sells one on his website that is adjustable so you can control how fast it flashes and how many times

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"