Thread: Rock Crawler Steel Wheels

Rock Crawler Steel Wheels

Is anyone running the Rock Crawlers Series 51 16x7s?

If so, how do they fit and what was required for the lug nuts?

Thanks,

Bart

I'm pretty sure there's an issue with the offset of those wheels for the vx.. Someone will have to post if there are, but for me.. I just bought a set of rodeo 16X7 steel "knockoffs" for $30 each... I was able to pick them up from the shop in Akron, Ohio when I lived near there. I bought them at Blackburn Tire and Wheel, which should be on the internet somewhere (phone # at least).. You could paint them black if you wanted...

I've got 51's

I have the pro comp series 51 rockcrawlers.

The size i have is 16X8 with the 6x5.5. For the life of me I cannot remember what backspacing they are though, and I've dug for the invoice a few times (moving sucks, you loose stuff) Though the BS is either 4.25 or 4.5. you would probably be ok with either. I just repaired a tire and meant to look but didn't. dang it

The hubs of the vx just barely fit through those wheels, and otherwise they fit fine (i am lifted, so that helps tire fit). As for the 16x7, i don't know if you can get them to fit. depends what backspacing they come in. But I'd step up to 16x8, and be able to put bigger meats on them.

I got them from http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=49

If you want to know what they look like check out my gallery

bob

Hey Bob,

Awesome, thanks for the info. Maybe if you can't find the invoice, would you mind calling them and see if they can pull your order history? This way I could know the exact part number.

If not, no biggie. I do not have a lift, but I should be able to fit some 29-31 inch BFG Mud Terrains on there with minimal trimming.

I really want the AR Chambers w/Teflon, and if I can find them for a decent price I may still get those. I am also considering the AR Teflon Mojaves. For the Rock Crawlers, I really want one of these rims for a spare. I may however just get a set of 5 of these and save myself like $400-$500.

I'm still trying to decide.

Thanks - Bart

Quote Originally Posted by bobmumgaard
    I have the pro comp series 51 rockcrawlers.

The size i have is 16X8 with the 6x5.5. For the life of me I cannot remember what backspacing they are though, and I've dug for the invoice a few times (moving sucks, you loose stuff) Though the BS is either 4.25 or 4.5. you would probably be ok with either. I just repaired a tire and meant to look but didn't. dang it

The hubs of the vx just barely fit through those wheels, and otherwise they fit fine (i am lifted, so that helps tire fit). As for the 16x7, i don't know if you can get them to fit. depends what backspacing they come in. But I'd step up to 16x8, and be able to put bigger meats on them.

I got them from http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=49

If you want to know what they look like check out my gallery

bob

Smile Well, I ordered them...

So I ordered a set of 4 AR Chambers with Teflon. Should have them in about a week or so. I ordered the 16x8s with 0 offset and 4.5 on the backside. Numerous "professional" sources have verified that these will fit the VX, but I am still a little nervous 0_o. I know with the offset the truck will have a wider stance, similar to WormGod's truck I am thinking, but with 16s instead of 18s. I will be putting a set of BFG Mud Terrains on. Hopefully I can fit some that will not require excessive trimming as I do not have a lift. I will keep you all posted and upload photos as soon as I am suited up with the new rubber.

Now, on to my questions:

As I understand it, these AR rims are pretty light. And I am thinking of getting one of these Rock Crawlers in the same pattern to use as a spare.

(Pro Comp Wheels Series 51 Rockcrawler 16X8 6-5.5 BS4.5
    Part #:51-6884)

My question is, if I get a Rock Crawler Steel wheel as a spare, and put the same size tire on it, would the weight difference severely affect the TOD if I need to ride with the spare on? Being that is is just a spare, should I even worry about it? I mean, the Rock Crawler wheel would make a nice cheap spare, and even if the TOD is affected it will only be temporary.

Anyone have any other suggestions for a spare? I am NOT buying another $200 AR Chamber to use as a spare as I am strapped enough as it is after buying 4. So what have some of you done in similar situations?

Thanks - Bart