Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Uhaul sport trailer manufacturer?

Uhaul sport trailer manufacturer?

I was thinking that I would love to get one of those uHaul sport trailers and paint it to match the vehicross. It's one easy way to add a good bit of storage for road trips where i want more than two people in the VX.

I think the shape of that puppy would fit well with the VX and it would look sweet painted to match with come nice wheels...

Anybody have a clue how you would find one for sale? I've searched eBay, trailer shops, etc, but i can't find crap about it...

Thanks all,
    technocoy
    macintosh man

id contact uhaul directly, call a corperate office or somethin to see where/if they sell them.. or go to a uhaul and look for a badge on one of them and see who actually makes them

yeah, i think i might make a trip over to the uHaul place and see if i can't spot something...

I tracked this down 2 years ago. they were made by Uhaul only. They will never sell one because it makes finding stolen units almost impossible for the police. They want police to know that if you can't produce a rental agreement, it is HOT. I even offered if we could do a group buy of all existing units (they no longer produce them and in many areas are reluctant to rent them...there seems to be a problem with them cracking when one traveles from high elevation to lower elevations (in particular, the Rocky mountains)).
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

well, damn

that sucks... I was really excited... thats the first trailer i had seen that looked so good with the VX... oh well. Thanks for the info, DKmiller.

I used one of those to bring back engine parts from Coach Reed and it rocked! Very cool design and easy to use plus it looked right behind the VX. They do sell their trailers after some tire period and probably earlier on those since the fiberglass probably gets damaged by clutsy customers. I

t's not because of stolen tracking that they don't sell them - VINs are on trailers too and they would be stripped of the logos just like the trucks they sell after they are done with them. Call corporate (it will take a long time to find someone who really knows) and let us know. I'd buy one.

According to the U-Haul website, they don't sell trailers....

I got my info from corporate...called 'em twice about a month apart...any UHaul dealer (worth their salt) can provide a direct number. I hope Tone is correct (but would bet otherwise). Here's start:

If you're in the market for a quality used truck, our top-of-the-line U-Haul trucks are a perfect addition to help keep your company running profitably. We can be reached toll free at 1-866-404-0355 or emailed at trucksales@uhaul.com.

from website:

http://www.uhaul.com/trucksales/default.aspx

i have an old man friend that owns a uhaul dealership, if i knew what it was you were looking for, id ask him, but i dont think ive ever seen one. post a pic if you can, and ill ask him about it

Here is a link to a picture of one:

http://www.uhaul.com/trailers/

click on the 360 degree view on the right hand side of the page.

I get the idea.

VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

Lightbulb

Those are pretty nifty trailers and very light as well. There are quite a few manufacturers producing lightweight and streamlined trailers however, so you might find something you like better that is easily obtainable. Just do a Yahoo search using "fiberglass sport trailer" to get started.

Here's a link with the history of the trailer: U-Haul Sport Trailer

And here's a discussion on the SSR forums like this one with some good thoughts and info: U-Haul Weekender Sport Discussion at SSR Fanatic
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Very interesting links joe...

Thanks for the research time... I really would love to get my hands on one of these... It seems such a perfect shape for the VX.

Really cute design, but a horribly inefficient use of space. Kind of like the VX. They go perfectly together!!!

I'm in the market for a trailer also, but I need something much larger than that to haul appliances, computer equipment, power tools, etc. I'll probably go with one of those open "landscaper" style trailers in black if I don't find anything with a cooler look to it.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Thumbs up

These are pretty cool looking and much larger than the U-Haul plastic trailer:

Eagle Sport Carrier at Iron Horse Trailers

The tops even tilt up on some of them to facilitate loading of taller items.

Paint to match your VX color, maybe even do the lower third in a cladding-matching color too.