Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uhaul sport trailer manufacturer?

ok, i found out today, that a uhaul dealer, on bash road, in indianapolis , indiana, sold some trailers this past march, and it sounded like they sold some of the sport trailers. this is from the old man i was talking about. he didnt have a number with him, but ill try to get one from him

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black
    These are pretty cool looking and much larger than the U-Haul plastic trailer:

Eagle Sport Carrier at Iron Horse Trailers

The tops even tilt up on some of them to facilitate loading of taller items.

Paint to match your VX color, maybe even do the lower third in a cladding-matching color too.
    Very nice! I bet they're spendy...
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I rented one of the uhaul sport trailers to pull behind my 94 MR2 when I moved from Texas to Massachusetts this past fall. I liked it so much I looked into buying one. The response I got over and over again was that Uhaul doesn't sell the trailers because there's almost zero maintenance cost associated with them and few moving parts, so they use them until they literally fall apart. that's why you still occasionally see people pulling the small pre-sport trailer, metal trailers that are damn near 25 years old.

John Walker
    Colorado

Just for laughs, I pulled up this pic that I took right before I left.

Those Radicaltrailers look great...but that is an Australian web site. I don't even want to consider what it would cost to import one here to the US.

But...that yellow one would look awesome behind my Proton...hmm.

Henry

Ever heard of a Tentrax Off road Trailer? This is pretty neat if you want something you can take offroad as well.

tentrax

I missed this thread earlier. Funny thing is I just saw one of those Uhaul sports traliers for rent the other day. I can see why they are so popular.

The king of all trailers- Aussie of course
    http://www.kimberleykampers.com/

Trailers

Hi guys I am a trailer manufacturer in Australia. I have a lockable, aerodynamic, quality automotive finish, trailer that I built because I hate the look of square steel trailers. Australia has long distances coast to coast, similar to U.S. and this puppy is made to travel and protect your gear, with style. If you want to see something different I can send you pics, and details.
    Greg

www.feckin@bigpond.com