Thread: New PV Impressions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New PV Impressions

SIZE
    One finally shipped to me last Friday and immediately sought out the welder to swap it out. New muffler is substantially smaller and lighter than the first generation PV but looks to have a larger interior area. Nice welds, solid interior, should be a breeze to install and gives you added clearance at the muffler.

SOUND
    Initial sound at WOT was louder outside the vehicle (those who heard it in Houston, please chime in) but is quieter INSIDE, with no resonance or rumbling at idle or WOT. Idle is quieter as I cannot hear it now when remote started in my garage (even with the door closed) - strange but cool.

PERFORMANCE
    Louder usually feels faster but I’m on the fence about this. The first gen PV was just short of miraculous in it’s performance increase so I do not expect a huge difference. Mileage might well have been improved on the trip to Houston as I can usually blow through almost a full tank and this time only used a bit more than a half. John has tested it on the Dyno and shown an increase over the 1st gen so it’s even better.

I’ve only got about 500 miles on the muffler so we’ll have to see how it ages.
    Last edited by Tone : 04/28/2003 at 08:46 PM