Thread: Taking the plundge

Smile Taking the plundge

Well I know some of you might think I'm crazy but I can't wait any longer so I just put a deposit down on a 2001 all black exterior and black and grey interior VX with 80,000 miles for $13.000, It was the secound time I looked at it and its whistle clean inside and out everything works it just had two tiny chips on the windshield that they are gonna fix and before I pay for it I wanted a print out of the service done to it and a mechanic to check off everything important belts, trannie, brakes...So unless I see something else I don't like on it I'll pick it up later on this week....
    Got any adivce on what to look at that I may have missed?

Arrow axle seals?

Check to see if the back rotors/pads look like they might have axle fluid on them. If they do you are looking at about $800 per side to pull the axles and replace the seals.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast
    Check to see if the back rotors/pads look like they might have axle fluid on them. If they do you are looking at about $800 per side to pull the axles and replace the seals.
    Hmmm! is that a common ploblem? if so why? I never hear of that on any car I ever bought....

make sure they

have changed the timing belt(450 Dollars) and greased wheel bearings,
    double check drivers and passenger side window and of course the 6 changer cd player

2000 Foxfire For Sale

I posted my 2000 Foxfire VX for sale tonite. 49k $13,500 OBO..check out the post for all the details! Thanks

Michael

Wow, that is expensive for 80,000 miles....

Good luck,

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by curtains
    Well I know some of you might think I'm crazy but I can't wait any longer so I just put a deposit down on a 2001 all black exterior and black and grey interior VX with 80,000 miles for $13.000, It was the secound time I looked at it and its whistle clean inside and out everything works it just had two tiny chips on the windshield that they are gonna fix and before I pay for it I wanted a print out of the service done to it and a mechanic to check off everything important belts, trannie, brakes...So unless I see something else I don't like on it I'll pick it up later on this week....
    Got any adivce on what to look at that I may have missed?