Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting Windows fixed

Getting Windows fixed

First of all, let me say I'm in Iraq and my VX is in Hawaii, so I won't be fixing it myself. Before I left both windows began slowing, and then the dreaded canting. How much is it going to cost to fix? I know there will be + or - $$$, but am I looking at $50 or $500.

I should have seen it coming. The cd player went a while ago. I was going to sell it, but then I look at pics of it and come to my senses.

Sorry to say, it's hit or miss with those windows. Even the dealership doesn't have a solid solution that always works. A few members here have found various solutions, but none that work universally. If you do a search here you will find countless threads discussing your options.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Yep. Not sure if there is a permanant fix, as mine are dying AGAIN!!!

heyctp,
    i noticed on my, as others may have, that when i did the window fixes, (all of them on mine,3 i think,) that the slowing that i noticed was not to bad once the window was lined up properly. guys, is it safe to say initally, that the slow window doesnt mean the motor is trash yet?? to do all the mods on the window, i think i spent less than 6 bucks, and that included a new dremell bit. all said, id do the window fixes first, befor having a buddy buy a new motor. if you want to send me to your place, i will fix it for you ........should only take about a week and a half two tops !!! lol

thank you for your work over there,
    God bless,
    david

Window Fix

All I Do Is Spray Silicone Lube On The Side Tracks From Top To Bottom Every So Often And They Work Great,no More Tipping Foward And Dragging,they Work Like Brand New And When I Bought It They Hardly Moved Up Cause The Rubber In The Track Was Dry And Would Cause The Window To Tip And Stick.easy Fix No Modifications Needed.

Hey Willy,

Mine are getting pretty slow too, were can I get silicone lube? And what brand do you use? Is this something I can get at Home Depot? Also, where exactly do you spray it?

Thanks - Bart

Quote Originally Posted by WILLY
    All I Do Is Spray Silicone Lube On The Side Tracks From Top To Bottom Every So Often And They Work Great,no More Tipping Foward And Dragging,they Work Like Brand New And When I Bought It They Hardly Moved Up Cause The Rubber In The Track Was Dry And Would Cause The Window To Tip And Stick.easy Fix No Modifications Needed.

Silicone Spray

I got my Silicone Spray at AutoZone for $3, pepboys did not have any.

IndianaVX
    I am in IN as well, are you serious you can really fix the windows?

WILLY;LittleBeast
    What ecattly is this lube and how do you exactally apply it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX
    i noticed on my, as others may have, that when i did the window fixes, (all of them on mine,3 i think,) ...should only take about a week and a half two tops !!! lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    IndianaVX
    I am in IN as well, are you serious you can really fix the windows?
    Sure, he'll do all three of them and they'll only take two weeks!

Silicone It

I Use Crc Heavy Duty Silicone Spray From Wal-mart In The Lubricant Isle In Automotive Right By The Wd-40 Its In A Red And White Can $1.77.just Spray It On The Side Tracks Where The Edges Of The Window Run,use The Little Stick That Comes With It,some Will Get On The Window But Wipes Right Off With No Goobery Oily Stuff.spray It With A Good Amount The First Couple Times To Git Things Lubed Up And Then Run Ur Windows Up And Down And It Will B Like Magic,then When U Start To Notice Them Slowing Again Spray Them Again,u Will Probably Have To Do It Once A Month Or So Depending On Temp Conditions Outside,and Winter They Will Run A Little Slower Cause Cold Air Makes Things Expand There For Causing Friction So U Will Have To Keep Lubed More Often Maybe In The Winter If U Have Winter Where U Live Lol.

Silicone It

O U WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE DOOR OPEN AND THE WINDOW ALL THE WAY DOWN WHEN U SPRAY UR SIDE TRACKS.

I Love That You Are Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word. Thats Funny. But Makes It Harder To Read.

Actually When Its Cold Outside Liquids Expand Because They Freeze But Things Like Metals Actually Contract But Your Rite Because The Silicon Lubricant Spray Will Flow Slower In The Winter And Just For The Record They Have Winter Everywhere Because The Earth Orbits The Sun On A Tilted Axis Which Alters The Angle At Which Sunlight Reaches Different Parts Of The Planet During Different Times Of The Year Which Changes Its Intensity Giving Us What We Perceive As Different Seasons But Depending On How Close To The Equator You Are It May Or May Not Be A Dramatic Difference From One Season To The Next lol.

Last edited by kpaske : 10/03/2006 at 02:37 PM

U guyS arE funnY

Quit with the caps......Its like your starting a sentence with every word. Ha ha