Thread: Is this considered a modification?

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

Cool Is this considered a modification?

Isuzu VehiCOPS!
    autoblog.com - Posted Sep 21st 2006 3:35PM by Alex Nunez
    Filed under: SUVs, Etc., Isuzu

Photo: Chris Belanger - autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/21/isuzu-vehicops/

We love seeing interesting police cars, and by "interesting," we mean a car that does not have an available factory police package. With that in mind, you can imagine the smile that crossed our faces when we opened an email from reader/tipster Chris Belanger. Chris saw something parked in Montecito, CA that definitely qualifies as interesting as far as we're concerned.

It would appear that the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's motor pool includes a genuine oddity among the usual fleetmobiles: a full-dress Isuzu VehiCROSS police car.

Powered by a 3.5-liter 215-horsepower, the quirky-cool 2-door VehiCROSS was only available from '99 to '01 in the US. It seems that Americans preferred their SUVs with a second set of doors (no surprise there), more traditional appearance, and spacious interiors . The VehiCROSS was two doors short and a bit too avant-garde-looking for the masses, and it was euthanized in the US after a little more than 4,000 of them were imported over its three-year stay.

Well, we now know the fate of one of them. If you're in Santa Barbara County, you might catch it out and about one of these days, which would certainly be better than it catching you, if you get our drift.

Great tip, Chris!

[Source, photos: Chris Belanger - Autoblog.com]
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Nice write-up; too bad some ninnies had to weigh in with some asinine comments, however

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxfireRedMica
    Nice write-up; too bad some ninnies had to weigh in with some asinine comments, however
    If it wasn't for ninnies... everyone would want / have VX's and we wouldnt be special anymore ...

There's a certain yin-yang about the unique

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    Yeah I would say that we are a pretty rare breed. But its a great thing we have goin'!
    *VX CHIC*

About 4 years ago when I was up in Provo, Utah for a race I saw a search and rescue VX!!!!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

At least their heart is in the right place...

It would have looked better if they hadn't painted the cladding, only taken the white up to the window line, and put a low profile LED bar up there. Just my opinion.

Would make a nice DARE car though (I find driving with a duty belt on is uncomfortable with the bolstered seats).
    1999 Lotus VX Ironman Edition
    It's fun to rebadge...

Yup- fastest way I know how to tear up those seats is to wear the gunbelt while driving. I have never had it on after I saw (one time is all it took) how the butt end of the pistol dug into the leather
    ________
    Toys Movie
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:30 PM