Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Painted My Cladding Pics>>>

Hey Mark,

Did you paint your hood insert too? I really need to redo all my cladding and the insert. Hopefully in a month or two.

The grill is just painted.

When I get the chance I'm painting the mirror housings and the hood insert( satin black).

Talking

Mr. Miller, thank you for the inspiration. I am going to paint my cladding! BUT I am going for Dupli-Color's bed coating on the cladding for a slightly more "aggressive" look. Later, I am going to use the bumper paint for the mirrors, hood insert, grill, roof rails and wing, and also, the half moon. Who knows, I might even paint the cladding bolts silver! Wish me luck, I am off to the store to get stuff!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Just be careful with that Bedliner paint ZEUS, I am sure you have seen the post where someone did theirs with the roller type bedliner and it looks like gravity took effect. They had kind of an uneven coating with sags and ripples and such. I know others have done it and it looks great though. IMHO it looks awesome and I think I will do mine sooner or later.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

I think you mean SPAZZ, who spray-coated his entire VX with LineX. It looks a lot better in person than it does on screen - the screen adds 5 pounds ya know! I tested the look of the DupliColor bedliner on my trailer and I think it is going to look great on the trailer AND the cladding. I pulled the front bumper last night so I could do a better job on it. I will test it on the backside first though.

the screen adds 5 pounds ya know
    LOL!!! Yeah, I know, I did the Duplicolor? bedliner on my truck's bed about 8 years ago with the rattlecan version and it worked out great. I also recently used some on my spare FAL rifle magazines to add some grip. I just wasn't so sure about the roll-on/spray-on approach since some people had commented about SPAZZ's pics at the time. Good luck man, can't wait to see how it turns out!

It's been almost a year or so now...
    How is the bumper paint holding up???
    thanks,
    ---JIM---
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Thumbs up Line-X Bro and Front Cladding

I just painted a Line-X bro (bra) Thursday. I liked it so much I took it back Saturday and had the front cladding done. It looks really good IMO. I want to take some pics after I get a good cleaning on it. I'll do it this weekend.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Are those pics in your gallery tom? I'll go check when I am done reading. I have been away from the forums, hardly being online at all for a while But I have been browsing and searching today. Have I missed any north Texas get togethers? I should give someone my contact phone number in case I am not online when stuff happens locally.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

LOL....Here is the update: 8 years later on the painting of the cladding. The paint on the cladding lasted about 3-4 years. I painted it again and it lasted 3-4 years. Now in 2014 I painted it again......
    I also painted the door handles and roof rack.

Last edited by Spyder : 11/15/2014 at 10:15 PM Reason: more pics
    Spyder aka Mark Miller