Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Painted My Cladding Pics>>>

onebadtrooper that made a big difference, Looks Great!
    Go ahead post the pics here.

I did paint the tow hook red like the calipers, looks cool.

O/T:
    I rode by some kids yesterday, I heard a kid say "Now that's a Gangsta Jeep" lol.

I would love to see a Kaiser painted up, before I make the leap. I think it would look great, but just not 100% yet. Anyone done theirs yet that can post a pic?

my bride and I are looking into our first house...should close in a month or so. The first project, blacken up proty's cladding with some of my boy mark's duplicolor magic. I will have to keep you posted with everything that goes down. If any other prots want to do it, I could be the guiney(sp) pig.

Mark, can I steal your cladding bolt idea? Methinks yeller would scream on a prot with black cladding.

there are pics somewhere of a proton with painted clading screws, but i cant find it. i have painted one screw to try to live with it, and decide, which i havent yet.

perhaps i can be of asistance then when mine gets done.

i cant wait, i think it will look hotter than ever. I am also going to have done/try the hodo insert. It is glossy now and I would like to restore it to its original glare-reducing self.

Very nice, am thinking it would look real good on the new Dragon Green paint job I am doing. One thing though, I would highly recommend that you use a wax remover, or paint surface cleaner BEFORE you rub it adown with a scotchbrite pad. That way, you don't work any silcone into the cladding making paint adhesion bad.

How's the paint holding up?
    It's been a while now.
    What are your climate conditions?
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

hey how does it hold up hitting it with the power washer at the car wash.

Still holding up great.

I made it through the Love Bug Suicides of 2006.
    I pressure wash it about once a week. I don't get the nozzel too close...

I live on a dirt road, .75 mile to my house.
    Before I painted the cladding it sucked being on a dirt road because the dust would stick to the product on the cladding.

Only had the problem at the front tag that I didn't prep well, only took a minute to fix. I thought I would have had some problems with it, but really haven't.

tbigity: I think that would look great, if it doesn't work out you can paint them back.

I will post some update pics soon. The red tow hook looks cool.

Joe_Black: The love bugs were the worst I've seen in this area.
    I was working with state officials to have them extradited back down, but I'll be relocating near you next year, so they can stay here.

I agree...I also have some proton yellow front/rear skidplates on order from ron. This should look hot with the cladding being a starker contrast. I figured if it went south, just shoot some rhino liner on it (have some friends in the biz that will do a profesh job like they did on my colorado). Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? After all, that is why I am driving my dream car now!

I am hoping the black cladding will look hot with my new exhaust too. Just had some quad tipped 2" chrome pipes attached to some new flows. They stick out just about 2" farther than stock and look hot under the dark colored cladding. Thanks so much for posting this mark. It jump started my modding :-)

Awesome! I'm surprised it has held up as well as it has. It was my understanding there wasn't a paint out there that would adhere properly to the cladding.

well// its now been another month or so.. wonder how the progress is going with the new painted cladding... was considering line-x myself//but dang... that looks
    too good not to try for the money...

Thumbs up

That painted cladding looks effin' awesome. Nice work. Very very nice work.

I did it to...

I really liked how Mark's cladding paint looked so I did it for myself a couple weekends ago. I got a little sloppy in a few spots but nothing I cant live with. I however only used 4 1/2 cans of paint. That left me with some touch up paint for the future. While I was at it I painted the cladding screws silver for contrast and rebadged her as a Lotus. Started getting comments (more than ussual) the next morning.

This weekend I used some of the left over paint to coat the hood insert, which turned out fabulous. Prep'ed it with Bulldog. I also tested the paint's durability with a little off-roading. It held up good. Only a few scrapes on the front piece but nothing so bad that I had to get a can out and cover it right away (you only really see it in direct sunlight).

Next paint project is the wiper arms and re-chrome the pillar badges, redden the callipers...

Last edited by TEN36VX : 12/05/2006 at 02:27 PM
    1999 Lotus VX Ironman Edition
    It's fun to rebadge...

Another great option is the Krylon Fusion paint made to bond directly to plactic.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com