Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get a load of the love note somebody left on my windshield!

Wink Get a load of the love note somebody left on my windshield!

Someone at the shopping mall took the time to scribble me a little love note (on trucking company notepad paper, no less -- let me put my surprised face on).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...php?photo=1411

I laughed and laughed at this one! At least they didn't key the door. You either love it or you hate it, right?
    Last edited by Grant Eaton : 04/24/2003 at 10:56 PM
    Grant
    2000 Proton Yellow #756
    "THE UFO"
    Seattle, Washington

He of little taste!
    Scott / moncha.com

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    What's the saying? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

How sophisticated can this guy be? or maybe it's just a case of jealous rage? Maybe he drives a Pontiac Azz-tech and thinks it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

Who knows. For example, I went fishing with a friend the other day... we stopped by Wal-mart to get some supplies. The teenage girl at the register was... well, let's just say her mustache was more manly than most teenage boys. However, for some twisted psychotic reason that I can not comprehend, my friend said she's probably not too bad without the mustache. Man... his pyscho ex wife must've really done a number on him.

That's friggin hilarious!!!!

Live Free or DIE!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    People that go through the trouble of doing that are usually JEALOUS!! Take it as a compliment!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by VX crazy
    People that go through the trouble of doing that are usually JEALOUS!! Take it as a compliment!
    I don't think jealousy is it. I think it's stupidity... as in he doesn't possess the intellect and education to "get it." I mean if you showed him an orginial copy of a VanGough masterpiece... he'd probably give you a blank stare. And once told it is a VanGough original, he'd probably reply, "what van? where did it go? I don't see no van."

I mean... afterall, this IS the country with a government (or good half of the gov.) who renamed french fries to freedom fries and most people don't see what's so moronic about it. Granted, it is a pretty darn good country (plenty others that are worse)... but in general, when it comes to issues of aethetics, I think the American masses just don't get it. Art or anything relating to the arts are often looked down at. Compared to Europe... the populous there in general seem to be more keen on the arts. Not conviced? think of how many great looking cars have come out of Detroit. Think of the best examples. Now think of the best examples that have come out of Europe. Think of how American cars looked in the 60s and 70s (huge rectangular boats). Think of what came out of Europe around the same time (Jaguar E-type, Ferrari GTO, Maserati Ghibli...) It wasn't until a great American who had spend a good deal of time in Europe got involved with Ford that things really got interesting. Who's this guy? Carrol Shelby (AC Cobra, and Ford GT40).

Few months ago I caught a couple spoiled teens in a RangeRover Discovery sneering at my VX... shaking their heads in disgust as they paraded by... and yet there they were, in an expensive, overrated, visually uninteresting two boxed tin can on wheels (which they didn't earn a penny to possess) passing judgement on a limited production vehicle that was produced only because of public interest in overseas markets.

Maybe it's our short history and relative lack of heritage. Art and those who study it just don't get the same kind of respect here as they would abroad. If you're in the arts... you know what I mean.
    Last edited by paultvx : 04/25/2003 at 03:48 PM

Heh, thats pretty good. That's wild, because just last summer, someone had left chinese restaraunt brochues under the wipers of cars in my work parking lot. Scrawled in handwriting on the one one mine it said "Sweet Ride!".

If some fool took the time out of their life to go out of their way to tell you how ugly your VX was, I think it was out of jealousy, and they just wish they had something that got attention, the way you got theirs.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I think you misread that chinese food flyer - it said, "sweet and sour ride!"

As for Grant's note, I figure the guy is either psycho, or just bored. If I was bored, I might do something weird like that. Of course some people might think I'm psycho for having nothing better to do when I'm bored...

That's just hysterical! You can never say that the VX doesn't get a response

Love it or hate it, I think most love it. We do (and that's all that matters)

Originally posted by WyrreJ
    I think you misread that chinese food flyer - it said, "sweet and sour ride!"
    LOL! That hilarious! Actually, I love my VX but I think it is a little too outrageous for the conservative, "materially humble" culture of the Pacific Northwest. So compared to living in Florida, I would say it gets a lot less attention, and when it does get attention that I notice, it's frequently of the sneer / negative kind. But I bought my car for ME, not my neighbors, and that's all that matters.

There has got to be some jealousy involved. No way, no how! I am sure even that neanderthal had seen a car it thought was ugly before. But I bet you it never used its feet to write a message on that person's ride... The VX inspires jealousy. It reall does.

One guy was staring at my ViXen for a long time while I was loading groceries. You know how you can feel the jealous heat rising. Dude is sitting in a beat up van, just blurts out before I get in

"That looks like a toy!".

I was ready, so I said

"3.5 litre, 215 horses? That's one hell of a f**king toy!"

Got in and drove off looking as bad as I wanna be!!

---------- --------
    Well, everything up until the dude's comment actually happened. I really just ignored him...

BUT, BUT that's what I would have said, if I time to think about it. I came up with the come back 20mins later. But doesn't the story sounds better with the come back....
    Chet - CBA_VX

THE PERSON WRITING THAT NOTE DROVE OFF IN HIS GREMLIN

Red face And He drives a RUSTY Bronco...

ThanX 4 sharing the Love letter from Jimmy Joe Bob!!! What the Hell !! (Say that with a hick accent...)He pro(babble)y couldn't fine a dog garn place fer his deer catchen!
    Everything but the Girl (Story of me life, and a great band!)

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Now, had I seen the driver of that truck I would of left my phone number as well...... woohoo ;Dr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Talking

I second that Anita!!