Thread: electronic brake control module

electronic brake control module

My (EBCM) electronic brake control module shorted. The ABS light is on and thus, I have no ABS brakes. I read all the posts on this site about finding a replacemnet part that costs less than $3,000. A number of members have written and said they were able to find the part for between $100 and $200. I've searched every parts site, ebay listing etc. and I can't find it anywhere. If someone knows where specifically I could get it from, I would really appreciate it.
    SCOTTIE

did you find the thread that talks about which other isuzus have the same unit? the vx shares it with a trooper, maybe a rodeo, so you dont have to look for a vx specific part.. that would help a lot

still need EBCM

I read the thread where it was mentioned that the Tropper 98-99, and the Acura SLX used the same brake module, and I searched those as well with no luck. Now, I did find a couple of modules on ebay from 97-99 rodeos but I don't what to purchase one unless I'm sure it will fit my VX. I asked my dealer but they were not helpful at all because, I was not buying the part through them, so they were actually rude about it and wouldn't even give me the part #. I did eventually get the part #, its: 897162192-1. And none of the parts I've been able to locate match that #, nor did they say they could replace that part #. So I still need help, if anyone knows where I can definitely find a electronic brake control module for my VX, I would be very grateful.

http://www.fosterauto.com/ this is where I got the abs module for mine. Good luck in your search.

Try www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com. E-Mail them a parts request and they'll get back to you in a day or two with a price.

You can also try calling some wrecking yards and asking them if they've got late model Isuzu's on the lot, and what vehicles the part cross references with. I've never had a problem getting compatible vehicle parts info that way - they've got to look it up anyway to see if they have the part you need. If they don't have it, they've got nothing to lose by telling you what vehicle you can get it from.

When you do find part numbers and cross reference information, please be sure to post the info here in case someone else needs the same parts in the future.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Thanks!

Thanks JGeorge264 and Kpaske. I'll try both of those sites, hopefully I'll get lucky, I'll let you know how it goes.