Thread: TOD Module

TOD Module

Hello everyone,

I am in need of TOD module. I believe that I buggered it up teaching my VX to swim. I took the VX to the Isuzu dealer and he told me the module has a short it. They said the TOD was working fine, that it was just the display light not working right. But after offroading there is like a surge in the transmission on excelleration, like power no power no power and sometime it seems like the VX is going to stall when idleing. I am having the A/C compressor replaced tomorrow. Any Ideas on where to get the module would be helpful or on my other issues. I remember sometime ago someone was parting their project car???

what do you mean about the power/no power? i am having what sounds like similar symptoms, under heavy accel, on occasion the VX feel/sound light its stuck and will stop revving higher for a second (usually in the 3500-4000 rpm range) then i recently noticed after stopping after a highway trip id drop down to about 500 rpm (so says the scangauge, but the tach needle would hit the stop) then kick back up to 750 or so (which is normal for my vx).. i didnt even think it would be my TOD... i was gonna start with replacing the fuel pressure reg. this weekend and see what that does

for example when i excell from a stopped position, if i step on it it it like starts to like chug it excell then hesitates then excells then hesitates then excells and hesitates until it is around 20 mph. and when i stop the VX at a stop sign or red light the normal idle is around 750 but it goes really low almost stalling then jumps ups to 750 again. All of these issue were not present before the water works

sounds very similar to what im experiencing.. except my hesitation only happens at high rpms and id say probably over 50mph.. but the getting close to stalling i am getting just as you describe it, ill let you know what i can come up with, im planning on switching to truck/suv oil and replacing my FPR and PCV to see if that helps anything, figure ill start cheap and see if it helps anything

i hear that. I have spent a few bucks in the last few weeks with the 912 lift, Aisin hubs, HD tie-rods, yokohamas M/t+ and 17" rims, A/C compressor, stainless steel brake lines, new platium +4 plugs, complete fluids change and alignment.i may have left a few things out too. hehehe next i think is the custom skid plates

drove the vx around today with no idling trouble or sputtering during accel.. i havent done anything it yet either asides from pull out the PCV valve to see what it looked like so i could get a replacement, then put it back... go figure, ill still be doing the FPR, oil and valve though.. hopefully the funny idling and accel is gone for good... though i dont really understand why it wouldve stopped

Sputtering

I think I may have noticed a similar issue with my VX upon acceleration. Its not very major, but now I am going to pay closer attention tomorrow as I will be doing some highway driving...

Bart

Don't overlook the gas filter

i know thats not what was causing my trouble as i replaced it about 2,000 miles ago... easy job with big mpg increases