Thread: Questions about the brake/gas pedals

Questions about the brake/gas pedals

I have been considering adding the aftermarket pedals for the gas/brake however I have some concerns before buying them.

1) Anyone have any high recommendations of ones they have used?

2) The only ones I have seen up close are sold at Walmart/Auto stores and they look to just clamp on. Is this safe? And are there other methods of attaching them?

3) Did you notice much difference is the leg spacing? I have noticed I have plenty of leg spacing, however it sacrifices my closeness to the radio controls, having to lean up to flip channels, which I do ALOT.

4) Anyone have any pics of the one they have installed?

Thanks
    "You can live your life in a thousand ways,
    but it all comes down to that single day,
    when you realize what you regret,
    but you cant relaim and you cant forget."
    ----Trans Siberian Orchestra

I recommend these Razo's that I found on eBay - about $35 if memory servers. They really improve the feel and grip of my shoes on those pedals (the existing gas pedal is a joke).

More info here: http://www.wildtoys.com/vehicross/VX...edalsAfter.asp

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Do NOT use the clamp on generic pedals. They move around and pose a hazard (they have all kinds of little bolt heads that can grab a shoelace, etc.

I have switched the pedals on all of my manual transmission cars to some mid-range Sparco pedals. I can't remember the model, but they are available on eBay often, usually for less than $40. I like them because they have a little pad on the left side that makes heel-toe downwhifts easier.

They install fairly easily; remove the existing rubber pad and use each pedal as a drill template. You might have to remove metal from the pedals if they have a larger footprint than you new pedals. I've never had to do this though.

Here's a photo -these were in my S14.
    I had a silver (unpainted) set in my WRX.

I still have stock pedals in the VX. I'm not doing any fancy footwork, so I haven't bothered to swap them out.

thanks for the info, Mbeach do you have any pics available? Just curious as to the look installed.

beat me to it...

i used clip on pedals.. havent had trouble with anything catching my shoe laces, but i covered the back of the clips with e-tape to make sure.. i did run into the problem of the stock brake pedal was too small so not all the clips fit, i had to put in little pieces around the pedal to make it 'wider' this also made is so when i wear my work boots my foot catches on the brake pedal sometimes (im a size 12)

Here are some pedals that i sell, i powdercoat them to the color of your choice. The part i powdercoat is not the part your foot contacts so you will never wear off the powdercoat. I have the white set on My axiom and love them, They really improve the grip i have in the pedals and the feel. They are a little larger than stock but i did not notice any issues with leg spacing or hitting both pedals. The pedals are $45 shipped to the lower 48 powdercoated to your choice of color. They come with the clip on crap but i screwed mine on for good and that is what i advise anyone to do.

Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I use some that are made by the same company that morgan-tec uses, except mine are the "daimond plate" pattern.
    I've cut mine to a much smaller size (closer to stock) & like the man says...screws are the only way to go.
    I've found that small self drill/self tap that are just long enough work fine.