Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cleaning bottom half of VX

cleaning bottom half of VX

What is the best stuff to use? I know it says not to use Armoral or stuff like this ,but what seems to work best for eveyone?

Thank for any information
    Robert
    2000 Vehicross

cleaning or maintaining? And are you talking about under or the black cladding?
    "You can live your life in a thousand ways,
    but it all comes down to that single day,
    when you realize what you regret,
    but you cant relaim and you cant forget."
    ----Trans Siberian Orchestra

both cleaning and maintaining the black cladding. right now it looks kinda faded not to bad ,but when you wax the truck clean the crome wheels and shine the tires it look kinda off because it looks faded

thanks
    Robert

Question Cladding

Is there any product that can be applied to the cladding in direct sunlight? I have no shade near my house.

Thanks,
    Howard (0761)

I use Meguire's Exterior Trim Detailer and am very happy with it, kinda hard to find though. I buy it at O'Reilys Auto Parts. There are several discussions on different products you could read up on, maybe search the forums for "cladding."

Hotflyer, I have used the above mentioned in sunlight, not sure if I was suppose to or not. You could always do it first thing in the mroning when you get up.

BTW, I spray the detailer on mid size area at a time, then use a approx. 3in X 3in terry cloth towel to even it out and remove extra. The small size towel lets more of the product stay on the car rather than a large towel with more "dry" towel surface removes alot of the product. Make sense?

I've had pretty good luck with Motul's Wash & Wax and Shine & Go. They are products designed for motorcycles and you can pick them up at motorcycle dealerships. They are supposed to work equally well on metallic and plastic surfaces. You spray on the Wash & Wax and leave it on for a bit then wipe it off and it leaves the cladding a nice dark color. Shine & Go is more for touch ups and you also spray it on, but you just leave it. It gives a sheen to the cladding that some like, but if you want a less lustrous look you can wipe it off.
    VX: What your Murano dreams it could be...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HotFlyer
    Is there any product that can be applied to the cladding in direct sunlight? I have no shade near my house.

Thanks,
    Howard (0761)
    Chek out the thread : Do you wax or do you ICE. I just used it this morning, on both cladding & paint, then drove five miles of gravel roads...(forgot I had to go to the cemetery this afternoon). She was mighty dusty when I got home, but I just hosed off the dust & dried with an absorber cloth...perfect.

I just used that "Back to Black" product and it made my cladding very purdy indeed.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    I just used that "Back to Black" product and it made my cladding very purdy indeed.

Bart

Bart, dont get it dusty now for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflyf
    Bart, dont get it dusty now for awhile
    Oh yeah? Is there something I should know about Back To Black? Actually, I have been meaning to start a new thread about cleaning stains from the cladding. Mine has some weird white-ish spots all over it. It isnt that noticable, but it is there. I am guessing it might be like wax stains from a previous waxing job. I was hoping the Back To Black would get it off but it didn't....

Bart

i have had great results CLEANING the cladding with Castrol super clean. its in a purple bottle with sprayer. it cleans mud remains, (after wash.....you know what im talking about) and it seems to do well in removing products like back to black. I am thinking about removing all the back to black, and going with the ICE. i like the look of the back to black, but dont like the "greasyness" my $.02

my fav is still this stuff called 'black again' creates a little bit of static, but gives you a really nice deep shine, i used it, then went off roading, all it took was a dry microfiber wipe down to get it looking great again.. also accidentally stripped some off with WD40 and had to reapply, took about 30 seconds to patch it... one bottle has lasted me probably 5 applications too...

http://www.topoftheline.com/blacagrubren.html

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Oh yeah? Is there something I should know about Back To Black? Actually, I have been meaning to start a new thread about cleaning stains from the cladding. Mine has some weird white-ish spots all over it. It isnt that noticable, but it is there. I am guessing it might be like wax stains from a previous waxing job. I was hoping the Back To Black would get it off but it didn't....

Bart
    Having never used it, this is just heresay, but I have heard Back 2 Black's oily residue collects everything (dust, pollen, etc.) for several days after applying. As for the wax, I would try a pressure washer, or a car wash with one. If resorting to a chemical is necessary to remove it, then maybe googone or a bug&tar remover? Just be sure to try it under the wheel well to make sure it wont react.

"search" on cladding cleaning...you can read for weeks on the issue
    ________
    GRANNY MOVIES
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:26 PM

I currently use CAR PRO Vinyl Treatment. Just wipe on and wipe off any excess....it has worked really well for mine.