Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Moab 2006...you wish you were here!

What A Rush!

All I gotta say is WOW WHAT A RUSH!
    I had no idea what to expect, and thought this would be a one time fling...
    I'm so kicking myself for not being able to stay for a few more runs, my hair is standing when I saw what I missed. I'm in for next year for sure, and I don't care if it'll be a $1000 for gas to get there!!!!!

Navigation RULES!

Getting into Moab

Our Escourt (Kidding)

Todd showing us newb's why we should carry spare underwear

My souveniers other than the awsome memories..

Again, thanks guys for the awsome hospitality and memories, and I'll be back next year for more punishment.

Cheers, eh.

Kenny

Thumbs up Sweet Video!

Oh, it KILLS me that I missed another one!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

This is probably gonna make me late for work, but here goes...
    I wish to extend a heartfelt Thank You to all the good people who make this event possible every year. I know if I try to name all those who made this such a great experience for both Jim (poorbastard) & myself, I'll leave someone out, so a BIG thanks to all & I know I can speak for Jim on that!
    Also, to all the new friends found out on the trails, thanks for making this such a fantastic time & for taking a couple of "wheelin' noobs" under your collective wing...many of you fall into both categories.
    Gotta cut this short, but know if at all possible...WE"LL BE BACK next year!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

takk = thank you...

How sweet it was to be able to attend this year... I agree with the folks above. I simply can't say it any better - so thanks! What an amazing time w/ amazing people... Topping it all off I spotted a Benz up and down Lion's Back. I mean, come on! This year rocked...

The countdown begins for Zu X.... ZU "X" PEOPLE! Save your pesos, tell your friends, and get the time off work.

What can I say... I'm hooked.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Here is a random sampling of what I have with me.

I'll agree with everyone above. This was my first ZuZoo, but it certainly won't be my last. Everyone who takes the time out of their busy lives to put this thing together should be Sainted. Those guys and gals work hard so the rest of us can show up and have fun.

It was great to meet everyone and put names to faces. Because of the VX I felt like I knew everyone (at least a little) already, so it wasn't like making new friends, but getting reaquainted with old ones.

Vlad, excellent job on the video. When I heard the song I just about cried laughing.

I was there at Lion's Back with biju, getting the ML up and down. I have to say that that was quite an experience. My knees gave out a couple of times and I just had to sit down. I have no idea how Tone stayed so calm in the drivers seat. I've got a lot of pictures, and some video, of the event that I need to post.

Should we start a ZuZoo IX gallery so everyone can post pictures to it?

See you all next year, if not sooner.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Great shots LOCO...you should be working for a postcard company...just beautiful!

Thanks but those are all Tia. she takes a good photo, and now with a decent camera she can.

BTW, thanks for the use of the air/impact to get that nut off the output shaft on my tcase. Tia's dad, Steve, was who did that with ya.. but I wanted to thank you again.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Always glad to help out wherever I can...it's a karma thing, Steve helped me with my skid plate the previous evening. I always like to keep my "karma account" as flush as possible...life just goes better for me that way.

Awesome pics -- and always good to see old friends there, and meet new ones. Special thanks (apologies?) to Kasia, whose seat I always seemed to pach around any campfire.

You may have already seen it, but there's a post over at 4x4Wire with links to photos and Vlad's awesome video: http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showfl...t=1#Post887613
    A little under a minute into that video, we see Billy hop on a rocker to provide a little ballast, and then there are a coupla guys hanging from a roof rail -- you all need to exercise less and start lifting more pizza and beer to make better ballast!

I'm already jonesing for next year!

Randii
    Last edited by Randii : 05/24/2006 at 12:52 PM

That was me (again )and Jack hanging on (and getting a nice lift) to the rear of Don's VX. That was a VERY tippy line! As a matter of fact I opted to drop of the big ledge (of course I have a bit of lift) rather than get that tippy!
    Can't wait to see the FULL video Vlad.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Everyone was great and the new faces became old friends in a matter of minutes. Kudos to all the first timers who took the chance and are now much better equipped and confident to go offroad (all thanks to Todd for his encouragement and experience that made it happen with no damage). And my personal thanks to Mark and Biju who made Lion's Back a reality for me, even if they kept telling me I shouldn't be doing it! Here are some of Mark's pics/vids of the event. http://www.ccyarchitects.com/clientf.../LionsBack.zip

I'll be posting our VX pics (not sure why my 2 fotogs took more pics of them than me later tonite and a full video of the LB adventure on my site soon.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i just wanted to put out a big huge thank you to everyone who helped me out in moab whether it be on the trail, with my car, or with financial matters. thanks especially to don, biju, and larry for hanging out with me and helping me out because i was just by myself.

Yep, you are right Zues...that was you hanging there with me.
    By the way those are some of the coolest pictures of red X 's I've ever seen! LOL!!!