Thread: Replacing Intake Manifold Gasket

Replacing Intake Manifold Gasket

Hey all, I've got my engine all apart, attempting to replace my intake manifold gasket, which has turned into taking everything apart and replacing the common chamber gasket, egr gasket, and cleaning out the whole intake. My question is this: I had a heck of a time getting the common chamber cover past the fuel rail when removing it, and now I'm having a similar problem with the lower half of the intake manifold. It seems that the fuel lines are directly attached on the back and hard as heck to get to. Should these be disconnected to completely remove the manifold and fuel rail, or should I just lift the manifold up enough to slide the new gaskets in between? The main reason I want to remove it is to give it a real thorough cleaning, but I'm pretty sure I can get the gaskets replaced without doing so. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I replaced my fuel rail with the supercharger fuel rail but i I feel your pain. I ended up bending the tabs that attach the rail to the intake. That way I could lift the intake up and out of the way. Probably not the best option for you but can be done as a last resort.

Sorry, that is all I can remember about the rails.
    Anthony

So ultimately you must have disconnected the fuel lines from the back of the manifold then? That is the only way I think the manifold will come completely off, regardless of whether the fuel rail is still attached.

I think you are right. I bent out of the way to pull top half off.. and the bottom half. I think after I pulled it off I realized that I did not have to split the intake... But don't quote me on that

Yeah, I realized that after I had it in two pieces... And then had to order another gasket. I won't get around to putting her back together until Sunday, so I'll let you know how it goes.