Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: insurance for our vx's

insurance for our vx's

well, i was just wondering what you all are paying for full coverage insurance??? with three other cars on my policy, and a 500 deduct, my premium would be 975. with a 1000 deduct, id be payin around 825. Im lookin around, just wanted your great input.
    thanks everyone,
    david

Just don't ever move to New Jesery

$1200 a year

clean record.
    no other cars.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Mine's about $700 per year w/ a $1000 deductable...

MD
    State Farm $800 a year, $500 deductible
    Far from clean record having been through traffic school because of it
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Cool Expect to pay more in URBAN areas...

Clean record for 25 years, my premium is $2,200 per year B'more MD, got a $50 deductible, because even @ 500 my premium is over $2000 per year. Why, because of other risks in urban areas. Vehicle theft is lower than homicide here so you'd most likely get shot before your car gets stolen and even then it may not be enough of a story to make the 6'oclock news unless both occur at the same time AND disrupt traffic
    NAVIGATOR

Navigator,

I was going to come up to Baltimore this weekend for the VOR boats that are in the inner harbor. You should go check it out, some incredible machines over there.

</end thread hijack>

Thats outrageous the amount of insurance you have to pay. Crickey! I'll more than likely have to pay more when I move down to Georgia.

Wow, that does suck Nav....that why you have been selling all your parts to make the premium?

NY with State Farm $744 a year $500 deductable. All the others places I checked were at least $200 more. shawn
    1COOLVX

Maine with Progressive 1850.00 a year with 500.00 deduct. and two other vec.total insurance for all three 4350.00 ayear.

clean record and good credit.
    just a bunch of bull****

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Whoa, guys - we are not comparing apples to apples here...

Everyone's policies are not the same - there are differences in liability limits, collision coverage, non-collision coverage, uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage, towing, glass, etc. This is like comparing what each of us paid for a bag of groceries without considering what's inside.

That said, I'm in suburban CT, a 36 yr old married home owner with great credit and a clean (enough) record:

I'm paying Amica Mutual $1350 with a $500 deductible, but that doesn't take into account the 20% dividend for the auto policy they have been paying out at the end of the year, so really it's more like $1080 net.

Lmao, *shakes head* I pay wayyyyyyyy too much. A whopping $365/mo or $4380/year! It's more then my car payment

I have 100 comprehesive and 500 colision dedeuctable.

But I also have a VERY bad record for a few more months and I am only 24y/o. Right now I have 3 speeding tickets, one for 25mph+ over the limit, equipment violations (tinted windows, no proof of insurance), and one "at fault" accident (avoiding a moose on ice) ALWAYS HIT THE THING!!!!! Even though I saved them a LOT of money by avoiding it I get nailed with an "at fault accident".

I was a real rebel when I got the S/Cer installed. But since I lifted it.... magic.... no tickets.

OK I HAVE A QUESTION...Has anyone ever heard of an "Accident Readjustment" fee from an insurane company?

Heres my trials and losses with insurance..... Don't do what I did....I went through State Farm when I first got my VX (clean record maybe one speeding ticket) and it ran me $230/month then a year later in January I had the moose encounter. Around August that year State Farm said that they needed another $750 over my normal rate in the next 3 months (called it a "Accident Readjustment fee) and then I would go back to my normal rates. Well I couldn't afford the $500/mo so.... off to Geico. I brought them my driving record so I would KNOW what I would be paying, they said $320/mo or something so I went with it and next month the wanted more due to some tickets they didn't know about..... wait a minute... I brought them my driving record how could more tickets apear and they wanted $500 for the next month soooooo off to Progressive, They quoted me $320 and I ran with it.... well as it turns out Geico cancelled my policy since I kind of yelled at them for jacking my rates on me. So there was a lapse of coverage for 2 days and I lost my discount for 6 months+ of straight coverage. So now I pay my $365/mo and hopefully soon it will plumit when I turn 25 and loose 2 of the speeding tickets. 4 more months..... 4 more months

Looking back I wish I had paid their "Accident Readjustment" fee but I thought that is what my monthly payment was for OH WELL LESSON LEARNED.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I'm paying almost $2000 per year in Atlanta - $500 deductible. I shopped it around once and couldn't find anything cheaper in this zone/area than State Farm.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Another lesson - stay away from Geico. Their entire business model is based on getting you to sign with cheap rates and then jacking them on you as soon as possible for any reason they can, like - God forbid - making a claim. The gecko is EVIL!!!

I've never heard of the "accident adjustment" surcharge, and I'm kinda surprised you got hit with it (although I guess I shouldn't be from your run-down of your trials and tribulations) - I've always heard that State Farm is a very good and honest company.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amica - they don't constantly scan your record for speeding tickets, they don't seem to care if you have a couple of tix in your past, and they don't screw you for making a claim. I will never leave them.

Ahh, so groovy to be able to drink from this well of knowledge...I should get my VX soon and insurance has been on my mind, given their rarity and the fact they're proudly known as PERFORMANCE (cha-ching) UTILITY (cha-cha-CHING) vehicles...anyway, my own record's pretty good these days, except for the 3 accidents in 12 months where I've been hit by other drivers and their cell phones...I will call Amica and State Farm and the Auto Club for quotes.
    Groovium :: Apple support & digital design