Thread: Just Gotta Say It...

Just Gotta Say It...

Apologies to any who might think this sounds maudlin or corny, but I simply have to say how happy I am with this site and with the fantastic people who contribute to it. I have been in a pretty deep depression since my brother was killed suddenly and unexpectedly in an accident last October. Fnding my VX and finding this site have both contributed tremendously to helping me focuse on things other than grieving and picking up the pieces.

I have been so in over my head duringr the past few years of grad school that I've forgotten how much fun (and how thereputic) it is to tinker with things. My VX and the encouragement this site has given to dive into working on it has rekindled my enjoyment of that forgotten pleasure, as well as given me an impetus to try my hand at off-roading. As a friend said a week after I bought my VX "You didn't just buy a car, you bought a lifestyle." Personally, I prefer to call it an "All Terrain Sports Car."

I just wanted to extend my thanks to everybody here. I enjoy reading the posts, even if I don't sound off on every one of them. You're all great people and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person at Moab.

That being said, you're still not getting my Bud Light...

Without being cliche, thank you and I'm very sorry for your loss.
    After all the growing pains from the forums past, I hoped that once, just once, we would have a site that could help someone, someway. Folks like you and your wife are the reason this place is here and the reason it stays alive..

As soon as I slow down a bit from my investigations, I'll be doing another upgrade and will add some more cool features.

I'm very sorry I won't be attending the Moab event this year but will be back for the next one.. You will have fun!
    Scott / moncha.com

i hear ya wyld.. i lost my father very unexpectedly back in july and my vx has definately given me somethin to focus on and this site has made a huge difference with giving me ideas on what to do.. or how to do it.. so let me join in and say THANKS EVERYONE