Thread: Thinking of selling in Cleveland

Thinking of selling in Cleveland

I'm the original owner of a 2000 VX. It's Dragon Green with only 35,500 miles. Since I know I'll get killed as a trade, I'd rather sell it myself. I'm not in a huge rush and it will be needing new tires soon. Would I be better off putting new tires on it and then selling it? Or should I hold off on the tires and just take less for the truck? I know some drivers are really picky about what tires are on their VX. Overall, it's in great condition. I'm just starting to notice that the passenger side window is a little slower going up. And there are some scratches on the back plastic panel. So I guess I'm wondering if it's better to sink some time and money into this and then sell it. Or just sell it for a better price. Any other selling suggestions, where to list, etc., would be appreciated.

Depending on the tires' condition, I wouldn't put money into replacing them and then selling your VX. Chances are, you won't get that money back. However, beautiful new tires on a car can help you get a better price. It's a judgement call.

I just bought my second VX last month, and I looked everywhere until I found the one I wanted. The place I kept going back to, and finding my VX on, was Autotrader, so I would put it up on there. I don't know the cost, but I know when I was looking, I was drawn to the ones with many pictures, and good pictures. There are quite a few for sale, so you want yours to stand out. In fact, there's a Dragon Green one on there that has been there for a while and it has only one side veiw picture up. If there were more, it would at least be more fun to look at. But then again, it may cost a bundle to add pictures.

So I guess my advice is to keep the tires on there and advertise on Autotrader. Clean it up nice and have the oil and fluids changed, and see what happens.

Good luck!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Forget replacing the tires - you will NOT get what you paid for them. The dealer I bought mine from threw on new Continentals which I HATE, but dealers pay wholesale for them, so that's what they do.

I sold my Prelude last year on Cars.com, which cross-lists to msn autos and a few other used-car listings on the net. I think $50 gets you an ad with pictures for a month. I got a lot of action from that listing.

Just make sure to list it for $500 to $1000 more than you really want to get, because everyone looks at cars $500 to $1000 more expensive than they can afford to buy, hoping that they can talk you down that much.