Thread: Thinking of selling

Unhappy Thinking of selling

Hiya,

I'm thinking of unloading my VX. I am wondering what's a fair price to ask for it. I've seen KBB, I've read posts here about them usually being higher than that, etc.

It's a 99 White Ironman (like there's any other color for that one...) with 110K miles. At 70K it had the engine overhauled when the starter died, and it's in average condition for it's age, interior and exterior wise.

I'm newly married now, with a baby on the way, so going to something more family friendly is in the works.

I dislike the idea of unloading it, and even kept it over the Mercedes SLK I had when I downsized the number of vehicles I owned a couple years back.

Any help would be appreciated.

John M>

I cant believe you are going to sell it!!! but i understand why.

from everything i have seen if you sell it on the site you will get more for it than anywhere else.

At a dealership i paid $13,000.00 for my 2001 Ebony with 44k miles on it and in good condition. so maybe that will give you a starting point. but i have seen my model and year go for more like $16,000.00 on the site here.

My wife and I went to CarMax over in Sanford to see what they had, and also see what they'd give for it. I knew blue book value on it was around $4,500 and my bank said I should be able to get at least $7K for it. They offered $5,000 and I almost laughed. We still left there with a '00 Montero but I drove home in the VX, so selling it right now isn't going to happen :-)

So you'll still see me around town...

John M>