Thread: Is the TOD suppose to do this...

Is the TOD suppose to do this...

I went out in the snow today. I decided to see what this thing can do. It runs like a charm in the snow but everytime I would come to a stop, the damn thing would disengage the front wheels and I would get slippage and a noise until it I get up to speed again. Its not a big deal on dry roads but when its slippery, that can be a hassle.

I also had a problem with my TOD. I got the flashing check light. Hours later the light stop flashing and the TOD seem to start coming back. I parked it so I dont know if its totally working, I guess ill find out in the morning.

i think TOD only kicks in (first bar lit) to the front wheels after 5-10mph. Utilize the winter button from a stop if you want to avoid the slippage. Man i had a blast driving around the boston area today...it was great!

Most likely this is a wet connector to the front speed sensor.

I posted a long time ago how to retrieve and reset the TOD codes, you can pull the code and see what it was.

John C.

Quote Originally Posted by shoota77
    i think TOD only kicks in (first bar lit) to the front wheels after 5-10mph. Utilize the winter button from a stop if you want to avoid the slippage. Man i had a blast driving around the boston area today...it was great!
    Really, I wish I had known that. I dont have a owner's manual so I didnt know really when to utilize the winter button. I did assume it was for snow but I didnt try to kick it in until my TOD stop working.

i'm not a vx expert but i think i remember it being dark until i get going. i personally never use the winter button, but i'm pretty sure it kicks in and then shuts off after 15mph or less. i'll have to check both out tomorrow

Hey hugabone I live in PG county myself and work right down the street from you near Mccormick and 202. We'll probably bump heads sooner or later. Just got my VX on friday

One thing I have noticed when driving in the snow is to turn off power mode. It makes a big difference. shawn
    1COOLVX

Hotsauce

Would you please either repost how to retrieve and reset the TOD codes, or point me to your original post? I did try searching but am not seeing the original post. I am trying to resolve my son's TOD issue, as the closest Isuzu dealer is like 150 miles away.

TOD operation

I'm a new VX owner (1.5 months) and I'm still learning things about the vehicle so excuse what might be a stupid question.TOD kicks in (first segment lit)at about 5-10 mph as and stays lit at all speeds from then on. (goes off when I stop). It does it on dry pavement under normal running conditions. Is this normal or should TOD cut in only when there is a slippage situation?

Quote Originally Posted by cstein
    I'm a new VX owner (1.5 months) and I'm still learning things about the vehicle so excuse what might be a stupid question.TOD kicks in (first segment lit)at about 5-10 mph as and stays lit at all speeds from then on. (goes off when I stop). It does it on dry pavement under normal running conditions. Is this normal or should TOD cut in only when there is a slippage situation?
    thats normal...tod is disengaged at 0~15, then from there on it puts 15~50% torque to the front depending on situation...