Thread: Rebuild kits

Rebuild kits

does snyone know of some places for rebuild kits and or parts pertaining to a rebuild?? I have a rod knocking and needto get it fixed

Here's a site I found one day here in the North East whilst looking for goodies for the VX

Should be a good start for sourcing out engine replacment parts.

I have not done business with these folks before so I cannot comment on thier service or availability of parts etc. I just happened to find the link one day and thought it might be usefull in the future. It's the only place I could find vehicross parts around here other than the dealer.

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

Select Isuzu on the left menu under Import parts or do a search for "vehicross" and see if they have what you're looking for.

FYI - Our engine code is: 6VE1
    Live Free or DIE!

thats exactly what i needed will a high volume oil pump and or toga rod bearings help with the rod bearing problems that we have? Or will just haveing a rebuild done the right way do it??

Sounds like opportunity knocks
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

Opportunity knocks???

I think that I'm gonna try the HV oil pump and Toga Bearing and report back the engine is gonna be out tomorrow and hopefully done by the middle of next week is my parts get here is there anything else that I should check while the engines out or upgrades to be done

steelzeus,
    have you been having an oil loss problem? how long have you had your vx? i have come close to running low on oil. which i contribute to the pcv valve. i have lost 1 1/2 quarts of oil and changed the pcv valve and the oil loss stopped. this has happened more than once. if someone has run the oil too low once they would have damaged the bearings. a high volume oil pump does not help in this situation. also if you have a rod knocking you will more than likely need your crankshaft machined or replaced. i will be replacing the pcv valve with a breather and will monitor for oil loss to be 100% sure that the pcv valve is the problem. shawn
    1COOLVX

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Quote Originally Posted by psychos2
    steelzeus,
    i will be replacing the pcv valve with a breather and will monitor for oil loss to be 100% sure that the pcv valve is the problem. shawn
    I'd be interested in this. The loss of the PCV valve (and it's back-to-intake manifold plumbing) will cause some of the blow-by gas to exit to the atmosphere BUT it will definately prevent the crankcase pressures from rising and forcing oil past the seals.

Let us know how it works out -keep an eye on the vehicle's idle characteristics without the PCV. I'd do this in a second if I thought that it would be a suitable preventative measure.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach
    I'd be interested in this. The loss of the PCV valve (and it's back-to-intake manifold plumbing) will cause some of the blow-by gas to exit to the atmosphere BUT it will definately prevent the crankcase pressures from rising and forcing oil past the seals.

Let us know how it works out -keep an eye on the vehicle's idle characteristics without the PCV. I'd do this in a second if I thought that it would be a suitable preventative measure.
    mbeach, i believe what is happening is: the pcv valve gets stuck open and when under vacuum it is sucking the oil out of the valve cover.it would only need a simple valve cover breather and plug the hose going to the intake.it will not affect idle at all. shawn

Yes I was experiancing oil loss its weird though sometimes when I would fill up with oil sometimes it wouldnt register on the dipstick. Ive had the vx for only about 3 months before this had happened and it has almost 80000 on the odometer. I thought that our bearing problem might have been due to an inadequate oil pumping problem. oh and yes the crank will be getting turned if out of spec. by the way does anyone know when to get a spec sheet with all of the tolerances on it. I downloaded the service manual cd but it doesnt.give any specs on it.

thanks mitchell

i checked my oil today and it was just over 1 quart low.so i installed the breather and will keep you posted. if my theory is correct the oil loss will stop. shawn

definately keep us posted

I installed the breather and two weeks have gone by with NO oil loss. some highway and some city driving. I will continue to monitor. if anyone else is experiencing oil loss and would like to try this so we can get more info please do. what i did was disconnect the hose from the pcv valve and plug it. then get a short piece of hose that will fit over the pcv valve end that you disconnected. connect the other end to the breather. i purchased one for $10 at the auto parts store. the most important thing is that you plug the end of the hose that you disconnected ,i even used hose clamps you do not want a vacuum leak. shawn