Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tried breaking into your VX lately?

Angry Tried breaking into your VX lately?

I had someone want into my VX real bad this last weekend!
    They punched out the lock on the passengers door, scarred up the passengers side rear tail light seeing if they could pop it off to get to the rear hatch latch and then punched out the lock on the drivers side door and must have got frustrated at that point and beat the door handle into the door.
    The VX was still locked when I discovered the damage.
    Insurance agent said they have had a rash of this kind of thing in the past 2 weeks.
    Dont you love the low lifes that do this kind of stuff?

VX's don't need no stinking mod's.
    But they're sure fun!

They'll get theirs.
    '99 Vehicross - Daily Driver
    '93 Wrangler - Tank in Progress

Better a dent in the door than a trashed interior. Sucks either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Hinnant
    Dont you love the low lifes that do this kind of stuff?
    They just become job security for me. It sucks that people are to lazy to work for the stuff they get and instead steal it form those of us that go out and bust our butts to make an honest dollar so we can opbtain what we need/want.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    My Ironman was the victim of a break-in before I bought it.
    Judging by the amount of damage that was inflicted before they actually gained entry, I assume that the VX is reasonably theft-resistant -unless it's of the smash-and-grab nature.

they broke the window when they broke into my vx....

i cry for you

i had my window broken last summer. the sad part was that i finally got the passenger window working right and had to go through it again with the new one. oh and the deductible, $500, exactly what the repairs cost.

sorry for your misfortune

Sorry to hear that, it sucks when u r trying to be carefull and take care of your ride and someone jacks you up.

That does suck, especially as a locksmith I can attest it only takes 15 secs to gain access to a vx anyway with the right tool. Bummer, I would be sick to my stomach I think.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflyf
    That does suck, especially as a locksmith I can attest it only takes 15 secs to gain access to a vx anyway with the right tool. Bummer, I would be sick to my stomach I think.
    Just mad because the damage was senseless. However another car down the street was stolen so I'm happy I still have the VX.

I know I'm nearly 12 years late to the pity party and no-one will ever read this but some idiot used a 3/8" flat blade screwdriver to try and lever open my VX driver's door a few years back. They didn't damage any locks, glass or apparently attempt any other 'method' of entry but left a dent on the 90 degree folded edge of the body just behind the door at handle height and prized out the door panel slightly, chipping the paint on both sides of the door gap. It isn't very eye catching but will be extremely difficult to correct without a fill and respray after attempting dent removal. I say attempting because the door jamb side is buckled inward, leaving a sharply raised narrow lip right on the corner. It could only be hammered out from inside but will crack the steel unless heated red hot. Either way it will need filing, filling and sanding.

You'd have to be very young and/or a complete moron to even bother trying to lever open any car door like this if you had any clue whatsoever about how tough the hoops and latches are, let alone the bodywork on these trucks. You can tell they used a lot of force to even do the limited damage that they did before giving up. I presume the screwdriver bent rather more than the truck!

This happened at about the same time as I caught a local 14 year old male in my garage at 2am, unsuccessfully kicking his way through the splintered windscreen on my '97 MkIV Supra, after using my neighbour's Callaway Big Bertha metal wood golf driver to break the glass. It was the sound of repeated impacts that woke me up, though I was the only person to investigate, which astonishes me given the noise he was making. He'd already opened two other garage doors in the block and spent some considerable time putting on latex gloves, spraying his gang tag on the garage wall next to the car, lighting a candle and slowly dripping hot wax from hood to trunk over the soft top on my neighbour's MX5/Miata and intended to steal my Supra with two girl's bicycles and a set of golf clubs, which would never have all fitted in anyway and the car battery was removed at the time as I was only driving the VX.

He was electronically tagged for a year after I had him prosecuted, after showing the police the photos he allowed me to take after explaining that I would catch him if he legged it. The really annoying thing is, the police knew all about him and his long career of theft and burglary and even my neighbour knew of his family, telling me that the youth was used by another couple of older burglars to enter property through windows etc. and he regularly climbed out of his bedroom window at night to go out thieving. My neighbour said that the perp's father was asked by the court/police if he wanted his son prosecuted this time like it was optional on his say so.

As they say, it's not what you know, it's who you know......

According to my neighbour, the thief's so called 'father' is a Freemason and could have had him let off but told them to prosecute and threw him out. After relocating to another part of town, the youth later broke back into his parents house and stole a refrigerator full of food! Now, this is where I learned something about myself and see it as a valuable experience if for no other reason; after a while, particularly once I'd had time to digest what had happened, had a downed Supra with smashed windscreen sitting in the garage for months awaiting the court case and later dealt with the thousands of needle like glass shards in my car which still occasionally fall out from the dash, my gut instincts told me I should have tried to terminate or permanently disable the fingers of the delinquent party when I had the chance, if only to save everyone else in future the ordeal of his inevitable trail of destruction and theft if not worse, (like probable rape and heaven forbid, even reproduction!). However, the leftist liberal social programming of my Cerebral Cortex has unfortunately over-ridden my reptilian 'R' Complex or Limbic System and conditioned me to feel that it would somehow be extreme or an overreaction to break every bone in his scrawny, malnourished body and at the time of the Supra damage, I was unusually calm and lenient toward him, even letting him run away when I turned my back on him to wake my neighbour to show him what had happened to his car and golf club.

I'd never had murderous thoughts toward anyone before and it was enlightening to me to begin to have these feelings over what was for me even at the time, no big deal. The more I thought about it though, the more convinced I became of the very obvious, if somewhat politically incorrect solution to the problem. Several years later, I would definitely elect to have him sterilised or castrated at the very least if I was asked, ideally along with his parents before their degenerate offspring ever had the chance to spawn.

Human instinct is very powerful for a reason; It is backed up by millions if not billions of years of genetic memory or experience of what is positive or negative action for our survival and security and some individuals are absolutely worthy of termination for their activities, even for breaking and entering, as property equates to man hours of labour or another's life essence. A car may be just a car on one level but it represents life force and energy invested. E = mc2 says that energy cannot be destroyed or wasted, except when some fool steals or damages your property. Therefore, theft or vandalism equates to denial of the laws of physics which cannot be allowed to stand, lest we descend into chaos. It all boils down to basic principles. Not only do thieves have no right to your hard earned property, they know it all too well. It is precisely because they know it's antisocial that they do what they do instead of work at something else for a living. Put simply, they are evil scum and proud of it.

Anyone thinking how I may be crazy or extreme will change their attitude if it happens to them and if they don't, they're not being honest with themselves or suffer from very low self-esteem, believing that they have no right to self-defence or sovereignty. One could argue that the only reason we have any semblance of law abiding 'modern society' these days is precisely because of the examples made of and absolute intolerance toward countless wrongdoers in the past, before religious indoctrination and fear of legal or spiritual repercussions weakened our resolve to effectively deal with the problem as it arose. Naturally some people genuinely don't know what they're doing and may even be demonically possessed if you believe in that possibility but your average car thief is just a burden to be forcibly removed from the streets, permanently, whatever it takes. I only feel sorry for them for somehow lacking the ability to learn basic respect for others and becoming irresponsible despite years of education and guidance from practically every angle including school, t.v., movies and parents or guardians but even in that context, perhaps termination is the kindest thing to do? I mean, there's simply no hope for most of them if they don't know basic right from wrong by the time they're teenagers.

Thankfully, I've had no further trouble from him, possibly because I told the Youth Justice Officer or whatever his title was, that if I were so inclined, I could have buried him in my backyard and no-one would have known where he was and to make that point very clear to the individual as I've known people whom I have no doubt would have actually tortured and killed him for what he did, including another near neighbour who said it's a good thing it wasn't his car or the lad would have ended up in a local field where he shoots clay pigeons. Needless to say, he owns a 12 gauge.

Luckily for some, I don't, as if I ever investigated another disturbance at 2am I'd be carrying it for protection. I was lucky he wasn't armed and dangerous himself as I certainly wasn't prepared for any conflict. If he knew how many power tools I own and what I do for a living, he'd never have come near the place. Think 'Law Abiding Citizen'. No-one touches my Makita LXT's!

Ultimately, I choose to take it as a compliment!

I'd never had murderous thoughts toward anyone before and it was enlightening to me to begin to have these feelings over what was for me even at the time, no big deal. The more I thought about it though, the more convinced I became of the very obvious, if somewhat politically incorrect solution to the problem. Several years later, I would definitely elect to have him sterilised or castrated at the very least if I was asked, ideally along with his parents before their degenerate offspring ever had the chance to spawn.
    Goes to show why forgiving someone who has wronged you is the highest road one can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Dare2Dream View Post
    Goes to show why forgiving someone who has wronged you is the highest road one can take.
    The reality is that the problem still persists though, unless he's 'seen the light' since our brief encounter. Hopefully my advice rubbed off on him and he stopped then, before he spent the rest of his life in prison. Forgiveness achieves nothing unless the offending party is miraculously awestruck by one's grace. "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do?"

I say teach them by making them lose something of their own. Knowing that you're 'better than them' is also of little comfort, knowing damned well that they're incapable of listening to reason and will likely become worse with age as they learn new tricks, especially in prison. That reminds me now that I mention it; his support officer or whatever said that they'd rather not send him to a young offender's institution because he'd only come out worse than he went in like all the others, once he'd spent time with the more experienced criminals. I'd lock them all in solitary until they reflected on their behaviour or found God or something. They need to be broken down and rebuilt, like an engine that's lost its bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dare2Dream View Post
    I agree. We are currently living in a country/time where at least 1/3rd of the population is eager to punish, excommunicate, and expel complete groups of people -- just to make sure they "get the bad ones". It's not that the story is 12 years late, it contains enough detail, length, and animosity...that it's an indication of how self-destructive "grudges" can be. Forgive me for the church reference (as I'm not some fanatic), but several years ago my pastor recounted a story from his seminary. Students were told to put a tomato in their backpack any time they were angered by someone/something. They were told to "pin" the reason for each tomato TO the tomatoes. They could ONLY remove one if/when they forgave whatever happened.

The point was that some students backpacks smelled VERY bad by the end of the semester. The consequence was those students repelled others because of the "smell". It shows how pent-up anger can spill out in other ways. Time is too short on Earth to hold onto anger. For things like rape/murder, I'm sure it's difficult. Attempted vandalism? Not so much.

A neighbor backed into my Corvette (that I've put TONS of hours and money customizing/restoring). It caved in the driver's side door. My shop botched the repairs EVEN AFTER keeping it ALL summer. I could hold a grudge toward the shop (for negligence) and/or for that neighbor for the same reason. Is it worth it for a "thing"? Especially one that can be repaired?

Holding a grudge only festers within yourself and makes you enjoy life less.
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette