Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Tail Light Guards

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Dub, your rig looks like an up-armored rolling VX command center. Sick, bro.
    man...

It's more of a tool/spare parts repository...with a tow strap.../

Wait'll ya see what's gonna be unveiled @ Moab 2012...

Starting new "hint" thread now.

Hi Doug, this is Will from Australia (again). I really like your tail light guards, i tried to find a pair to buy but since i'm in Australia, it's very limited, and i couldn't find anyone to help me with the mods needed. I found a pair of isuzu rodeo guards on ebay but the shape is not right. I know you've been through a lot of work to make yours, but you know how to make them look/fit right and where to get and do everything. Would you make a pair for me? I could paypal or western union the money for you. If you're busy or working, or can't do it is ok, i just thought about asking and stop drooling over your car photos [] i saw it on vehicross.info (wekilled) and looks great!
    Thank you, Will.

Will:

Sorry man, two issues:

- I am way deep in middle of masters thesis right now. (took a quick break)

- Second issue is everyone's body panels are lined up slightly different from each other, and even if I fabbed them, they might rub someplace. Mine aren't even a 100% success. I still want to tweak them a little as they touch ever so slightly on the drivers side. Also a little off as they both tilt maybe an 1/8 inch outward too much. The way I did it you need to drill a second set of holes in your VX lights on the black lip and since I don't have your VX...

It takes patience, but if you measure it can be done. With few exceptions I just copied Julian911 thread anyway. That and keep a look out on ebay for guards. I know that if you can find a welder like I did the rest can be done with a hammer, visegrips, and lots of swearing.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by braaus View Post
    Hi Doug, this is Will from Australia (again). I really like your tail light guards, i tried to find a pair to buy but since i'm in Australia, it's very limited, and i couldn't find anyone to help me with the mods needed. I found a pair of isuzu rodeo guards on ebay but the shape is not right. I know you've been through a lot of work to make yours, but you know how to make them look/fit right and where to get and do everything. Would you make a pair for me? I could paypal or western union the money for you. If you're busy or working, or can't do it is ok, i just thought about asking and stop drooling over your car photos [] i saw it on vehicross.info (wekilled) and looks great!
    Thank you, Will.
    VXKat and I are looking into making a set a guards. If she finds a Rodeo set, I agreed to make the mounting brackets to fit her VX. I can keep you updated on this project as it progresses.

Hey Will in oz!

Try Holden Frontera 1998-2004 rear light guards... same vehicle as the rodeo!

Hope that helps!

Will, another thing to keep in mind, is that their Rodeo is actually our Jackaroo.
    AFAIK, they don't have "our" Rodeos.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Thank you everyone, very nice! I found this on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/320778863088...49#ht_690wt_80

Vxkat and Vxorado, thanks to PK I'll check around here for Jackaroo guards and if I find I can ship to you. Another thing, I'm Brazilian and my English is not perfect, please bear with me.

Found this image, will go to some car shops on Monday! The shape looks right. http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...s/ALIM3769.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by braaus View Post
    Found this image, will go to some car shops on Monday! The shape looks right.
    Those guards look similar and would probably work.

With high shipping prices back and forth, you may want to check with a local shop to see if they could weld some bracket for you. Just something to consider if shipping is expensive.

Pretty hard to find black powdercoat steel tail light guards for Rodeo/Passport readily....

so.....These two are the polished stainless steel tail light guards at pretty good prices...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-PASSPO...#ht_3330wt_993

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320778863088...49#ht_776wt_97

1) was wondering ballpark how much it would cost to get them powdercoated??

2) Would the powdercoat be as durable as if it came from the manufacturer powdercoated?
    Would it be more likely to chip since it's aftermarket?
    Or can a good shop do these polished ones really nice?

3) I did find some Aries brand black guards, but they seem to be on a back order so I'm not real optimistic they'll actually arrive.

4) Westin, SteelCraft, Romik, Polar Bear, don't seem to be available any longer and Manik has gone out of biz. So I'm hoping the Aries ones are actually still available.

5) I've set up several std ebay searches for all these.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

To powder coat them should cost around $35-40 for the set.

As far as chip resistance, all powder coating is applied thru magnetism to bond to the metal and baked to harden the coating and will be no difference between factory and aftermarket.
    hope that helps, Kat

Also, I am thinking about making a set for my two VX's since I haven't found any that fit like a glove.

Sue,

I can get them powder coated for you. It'd save you shipping cost if you could find someone local to do it though. Just FYI.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Will, another thing to keep in mind, is that their Rodeo is actually our Jackaroo.
    AFAIK, they don't have "our" Rodeos.

PK
    I thought the Jackaroo was our Trooper (box-y isuzu) and the Frontera was our Rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I thought the Jackaroo was our Trooper (box-y isuzu) and the Frontera was our Rodeo.
    We are both right -

The early Jackaroo's were box shaped and same as your Trooper. At that stage we also had the Frontera from Spain, and the MU as a grey import.

Then the later Jackeroo's were the same as your Rodeos. The Frontera's were discontinued in Australia about the same time.

Our "Rodeos" are utes, or pick-ups in 'merican lingo.

PK