Thread: How to change tail light bulb?

Talking How to change tail light bulb?

Ok, I know this might be such a "stupid" question but, how in the world can you change the driver side tail light? All my other previous cars you can just open the trunk, unscrew the wire/bulb and change the bulb, all in just a matter of seconds. Now with the VX, everything has to be so complicated. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but dang. Now, if anybody has done this before, please give me a hand. I tried removing the jack from the little compartment on the back, and look for some kind of opening connecting to the tail light. There is an opening alright, but is covered with some kind of gum material and I didn't wanted to removed it unless I was completely certain of what I was doing. Again, any help is appreciated.

Arrow

It's a "truckish" procedure but simple. Just use a #2 Philips screwdriver to remove the screws around the perimeter of the lens then gently pull the assembly out using your fingertips at the edges. Once out just twist and remove the receptacle for the failed bulb, remove and replace the bulb. Have someone step on the pedal (or turn on the lights) to test before replacing (in case something failed other than a bulb) then reverse procedure to replace. Careful not to over-tighten the screws as they can strip or crack the lens.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Thank you Joe, will try it this weekend.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

As an addendum, the screws on the drivers side are a little harder to get to than on pass. side.
    Open rear cargo door to access the screw heads (in the gap between door edge & body).
    Good luck, Ldub

i believe the rear door cant be completely open...only partially in order to reach teh screws.

Alternate method - grasp hammer, hit lens firmly & squarely over taillight area. Reach in and remove bulb, replace (be sure to use red colored bulb); optional step, glue red plastic over removed area. Much quicker than messing with those screws!!
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Nah Raque, that's way too easy, there has to be some challenge to it, u know!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Raque Thomas
    Alternate method - grasp hammer, hit lens firmly & squarely over taillight area. Reach in and remove bulb, replace (be sure to use red colored bulb); optional step, glue red plastic over removed area. Much quicker than messing with those screws!!
    Raque,
    Yeah right !!!, EVERYONE knows that the judicious application of red "taillight lens tape" from Wal-Mart is the way to go.

Sheesh...

Ldub