Thread: Need a Los Angeles Body Shop Recommendation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Need a Los Angeles Body Shop Recommendation

Sad to say i need to find a body shop in LA, anyone have any suggestions? So far i have one from Dino at Sierra Auto in Monrovia (THE BEST place to get repairs by the way, but they don't do body work). I just wanted to see if there were any other options. From the looks of it all i will need is the front bumper replaced and the right side front turn signal light...

If its just the front cladding that needs replacing (and the turn signal), why not do it yourself? Beneath the cladding is a chincy bumper that bolts on, as well.

I was thinking that too, but my insurance wants to inspect her at a shop. But no way will i just let a run of the mill shop start taking things apart, esspecially here. 75% i'll be doing it myself since i got the repair manual anyway. any ideas on what a salvage bumper might cost?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I dont know where to send ya. Years back I went to Holmes Body shop in Duarte and I was not happy with them at all -- I told them that I wanted my hatch cladding back (it had a tiny scuff) and the guy destroyed it trying to get it off. They gave me a song and dance about it and finally owned up to what they did. I didnt have body damage so I cant comment on that. Dino had told me since then that they had new management. Did Dino tell you of any place?

For salvage, give All Hyundai and Isuzu a call. See what they have.
    www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Car-part.net has some front bumper assys listed but thats always risky because if its more "used" than you're comfortable with, you're kinda out of luck with most of those places. I'm guessing the cost will run from $300-500.

Anita suggested www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com and I've had good dealings with those guys. But the VX they have right now is front crunched.

Maybe St. Charles Isuzu will have a new front cladding?

I tried calling St. Charles..., and have got busy signals each time. i'm going to keep trying them though, and keep an eye on www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com.

Oddly enough, it was a hyundai that got a little too close to my bumper.

Thanks for all the info- t.

Dino recommended Seidner's Collision (626-358-1155) which is just accross the freeway from Sierra Auto. I also asked D. if they had experience with VX's and he said that Siedner's was the only body shop they recommended. Looks like that is where i will be going. Hum, i get the feeling someone is going to tell me it is unrepairable.., hah! no way... I'll let you know what happens at Siedner's...