Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snowboards.....what do you ride if you ride?

Snowboards.....what do you ride if you ride?

Well tonight i am really bored so here is more usless info about me. I have been snowboarding since about 86' and have owned some of the orignal boards of the day from simis to burton air. I pretty much just freeride fast on anything from powder to crappy ice slopes. I do a little terrain park stuff but i like speed more. GPS has tracked me at 40+mph before i got kicked off the mountain. Anways here are my current steeds. They are both outdated but still rip hard. My preseason (I.E.) *****ty snow, board is an orignal Never Summer Mammoth 157mm with Shimano Clicker ultralight bindings. This board recieved a deep scar to the wood from an unfriendly boulder but i could not say good by so i had her patched and she is as good as new. My good snow, board is a Burton Johan 163mm that i love. It has Shimano clicker pro bindings and a Dakine combonation lock leash. I like the stiff clicker boots so i have some killer K2 Yak guide boots that i can ride all weekend in. I also love Oakley so i have a few pairs of their o frame goggles, and burton pants and jackets. Here are some pics:

Thanks for looking and feel free to post pics of your gear and maybe plan a meet for the winter so we can do some riding together.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Tone,

Does the rack come with clamps to fit VX crossbars? If so, I'm interested.

And to get back on topic, I just picked up riding after 30 or so years of skiing, and bought myself a Burton Triumph 164 at the end of last season. I love it!!! I'm still skiing on our New England hard-pack ("It ain't ice if it ain't blue!"), but riding when there's some fresh snow on the slopes.
    Last edited by VehiGAZ : 05/01/2008 at 06:46 AM

Morgan-Tec,

Before I moved out to Colorado four years ago I had never seen snow (grew up in South Louisiana), but I picked up snowboarding fairly quickly. I've been riding for four years now, and can go anywhere on the mountain.
    I don't have any pictures right now, but my current board is a NeverSummer Premier. I don't remember the length (I think around 175mm), but I LOVE that board. Like you, I also like to go fast, but have never been clocked. The NeverSummer is ultra stable, so I feel comfortable just pointing it down hill and tucking up. The Tech Nine bindings that are mounted on the NS are great. The toe strap on them cups the front of the boot (instead of going across your toes) and gives me unbelievable control of the board. Since the strap is on the end of your boot, and pushes the boot back into the heel cup, if I just think about turning the board does it.

I also own a junky Burton "rock board", an Oxygen (my first board), and a Solomon (can't remember the model right now). I was thinking of learning to ski this year, but I'll definitely still be on my board a lot, so since we're so close to each other we'll have to get together and ride this season.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I have a '04 Palmer Honeycomb with Salomon bindings and boots... The 04-05 season was my first... I'm still learning but I got out 25+ times last year so this year I expect to jump right in. I have the Buddy pass.. unlimited riding at A-Basin, Keystone, and breck with 10 days in vail.

I'd love to meet up at a mountain, maybe I can get some tips. I basically snowboarded by mysellf all last year (I didn't know too many people here then). I know I could use some advice and probably someone to chase down the hill... There's a guy I work with that has those boards as well as a bunch of other ones, he started snowboarding way back when they wouldn't let you snowboard at the resorts, but he's quite out of shape at the moment but says he'll try to go this year.

GPS... I just got a Garmin 60cs. I love it. I can't wait to try it snowboarding. Just one of they many uses I think I have found for it. My race car will enjoy hauling it around next year for track maps and velocity plots. I might try to use it next month when I go to skip barber Laguna seca... which would also include altitude

Have you had any problems with getting satellite coverage in a backpack or pocket on a mountain?

I just got a new board last year: Burton Custom with ride MIG bindings and Salomon boots... Spread the wealth. I tried several Burton boards during a demo day and this was by far the best for my style. I would highly recommend a demo day before buying.
    Anthony

I have a Burton Canyon with the Burton step in bindings (with backs).
    Been snowboarding about.... JESUS! 9 years now, where did the time go.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I have a Yakima Big Powderhound 3046 rack system that I'd like to sell - anyone need it?

Where the heck did this fit into the snowboard thread?????????????

Nitro Titan 157
    Morrow Clutch 154
    DC Terrain (BOA) Boots

As you all know, on the eastcoast we have small mountains and crappy snow. I originally bought the VX 'cuz I needed a 4x4 to get to the mountain on snow days. No big slopes, so speed means you'll spend the day riding the lift. I spend most of time in the park. This season I'll be bangin' my 3's all 4 ways.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I'll back autox-racer on the value of demo'ing. The wife and I demo'ed Burtons last year at Heavenly (I tried the Air and Triumph) and I tried a Santa Cruz (don't remember the model) at Kirkwood. I learned a lot in those two days!! The most important thing was what I wanted in a board - float in the powder and stability on the hard pack. I also learned that the techniques I developed on my crappy 5150 beginner's rental board were hurting me on a proper, responsive board. Anyway, the Triumph was the best one for me, so I bought a new but roughed-up-in-the-showroom specimen on eBay for half of retail.

Up until a few years ago I had a Burton 350. I think I got it back in around '87-'88'ish. I recall well cause I was in 8th grade and the board was WAY too large for me, heh. I cut up like there was no tomorrow. AFter my bad accident I didnt do it for a while cause I didnt think I could with my foot and ankle being turned into pudding. I eventually made it back out to try and sure enough, I couldnt. Spent 3 days in the lodge getting a good depressed drunken binge going while my friends blew up powder the whole time.

Sold my board last year to a girl I work with. She apparently has a few boards. I still have a surfboard though. I am sure I cant do that anymore either, but I wont give up hope on that until I try.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I ride a Burton a.59.

I've had this for years now and it's held up well considering what I put it through every year!

I'm really looking forward to riding this winter. The VX is a nice vehicle to get me up north during the harsh, but fun, winter months here in New Hampshire

Here's a few shots of it (I know, it needs to be waxed BIG TIME)

Live Free or DIE!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    burton cascade all the way! i love burton ill swear by it till something better comes out (aka hell freezes over).

K2 FatBob

I am definatly up for a meet and ride session with you guys, lets keep in touch on this and try to plan at least one outing.

Killington opens this weekend and my VX will be in that general area from 18th until ??? . Any VT people going to "hit the slopes" (or depending on the conditions slope singular)?