Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Dual catback....

Thumbs up New Dual catback....

Picked her up from the shop lastnight...

The system looks amazing! It is a new 2.5 exhaust from the downpipes into new bungs for all the O2 sensors, high flow Mangaflow cats, with an H pipe all the way back to 2 massive Manganflow mufflers with 4inch slanted cut tips.

At startup and cruising it sounds bad azz, kinda like a grand national with an exhaust! but as soon as you floor it is way to LOUD, New resonators for each side are getting installed Tues. Feel much stronger - more air in much more air out now We are thinking 10-15 more HP when i go back and Dyno it, fingers crossed. This was an expensive mod, but the craftsmanship it top notch, great welds no rattling and mean looking and sounding.

Also powder-coated my intake crinkle black to help with keeping the heat down and added a new BBK air filter and moved the FMU around.

Switched from Mobile 1 Synthetics 10w30 to AMSOIL 5w30 too.

We are thinking off adding water injection and machining the larger pulley down to run more boost (7psi) hopefully.

I snapped some pics, sorry it is crappy out today, will take some under the VX when we put on the resonators Tuesday.

Last edited by Cyrk : 10/06/2005 at 08:03 AM

OH NO! You have 2 coffee cans sticking out the back of your VX! Are you purcolating VX coffee now or what man?!

Heard you story about the backpressure. Man, there had to be another way.

I have been thinking about this for a while now (all summer to be exact). I THINK I may have found a good fab shop here that can run my dual pipes. New speedshop that just opened up and they claim to "do it all" (only been doing my oil changes up to now, haha). Spoke with them about my 30k and my S/C and they said no problem. The techs love my VX so thats a plus. Now.... I just need to think about how much I want to trust them. ALl young techs who are at least have ASE cert, so, we will see. Of course, I just need to come up with some cash. Buying this new house leaves me eating dry leaves from gutters.

Anyone tried running Y pipe from the PV with an S/C?
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970
    Has a similar look to mine, but mine has oval on the slant!! Nice!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The price you pay to be different......

Nice.

I'd like to have a dual exhaust done next summer.

I'm thinking of getting a unichip and seeing if that will allow me to run more boost.

Why hasnt anyone tried to fab up a 350Z exhaust or a FX35 or something? I cant stand to see these fart cans on a nice car like the VX. Leave those things for the ricy hondas.

Any sounds clips of any of them?
    '99 Vehicross - Daily Driver
    '93 Wrangler - Tank in Progress

I agree they are a little to big looking... and I am not totally happy until they can quite it down, with the resonators. Getting a chance to drive it today around, it is too loud for me. I am all about better performance and I am now getting nervous that I spent too much money on this and the sound will drive me nuts.

Does anyone have experience with resonators? Will it quite the exhaust down allot?
    Last edited by Cyrk : 10/06/2005 at 12:37 PM

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970
    Why you want to hear them if you don't like them

Mine sound nothing like the "ricy" hondas.....

I just want to hear them ok! Gosh Napolien! ha.

If I were you guys, start trying to listen to the FX35 or G35 or the 350Z's, and tell me that doesnt sound like a beefy mother?

Not only do I contest against the ricy sound, I also dont like the look of some fart can, let alone two, on the back of a vehicle like the VX.

Putting resinators in my experience with fart cans has resulted in a little more tone sound, but also a little bit more raspier.

I LOVE the way the Fx's sound. My new exhaust sounds nothing like that.
    So based on your experience with resonators I am F'd? great

Guess I will have to wait and see when they get in and installed on Tues.
    Last edited by Cyrk : 10/06/2005 at 12:57 PM

I'd say call around a Infinity wrecking yard and just find a FX exhaust system.

Arrow

Nice setup, looking forward to the dyno info. You may want to consider ditching the cans and go with Supertrapp mufflers. The sound is different, but in an ominous "What IS that?" kinda way, plus as they have a disc system you can tune it yourself easily by changing the number and type of discs. Instant exhaust tuning while at the dyno or playing with boost. And they have a variety of styles too.

I'd probably go that way myself if I weren't converting to turbo-diesel.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Looks good except the fart cans.
    2000 Black VX 105k

any body got any good suggestions on what kind of mufflers would look good back there instead of these Magnaflow ones? Joe I took a look at the super trapp ones and I not sure I like the look of thoses... I wonder what kind are on the VX02??

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Numba1goalie
    Why hasnt anyone tried to fab up a 350Z exhaust or a FX35 or something? I cant stand to see these fart cans on a nice car like the VX. Leave those things for the ricy hondas.

Any sounds clips of any of them?

An FX35 does have a beautiful sound, has anyone tried this on a VX yet??

Personally, I think they look really good. However, I haven't been completely thrilled with the sound or performance from my PV2, so anything as loud as that has got to go, in my opinion.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers