Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chevy/VX...Why?!

Unhappy Chevy/VX...Why?!

I got a kick out of this one! So far, I have seen a VX with the following badges

Superman Edition VX
    Masarati VX

And now, low and behold.......<insert drum roll>.....THE OFFICIAL CHEVROLET VehiCROSS! Why do people do this?

I have debadged my VX but have not gone to such odd lengths to make it look like something it's not. No offense to anyone here but this is just not my style.

Live Free or DIE!

Let us not forget the Merc VX and the Ferrari VX

BLASPHEMER!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

OMFG,
    I hope Maugan doesn't see this...he'll go off on another rant !

So what's the deal with this strange phenomena?

Why are people doing this?

I have never seen so many people with ANY other automobile try to make it look like something else or something it's not by rebadging it with another auto maunfacturers badging

I like the idea of DE-badging the VX but not RE-Badging it. I think de-badging gives it that much more mystery. People can then focus more on what it can do rather than who makes it.

So uh ....... what do these people tell folks when asked about their Mercedes, Mazaratti, Chevy, Ferrari VehiCROSS? Do they tell them "It's not really any of those, I was just fronting and trying to make myself look like I have more money than I really do"?

Do they fess up and tell people it's really not what they think it is and tell them they just lied about it? How embarrassing!

Do they actually go along with it and tell their friends and woman it REALLY is a Ferarri? What if they where caught in this shameless lie?

And what about the Chevy VX? I, personally, would rather keep the Isuzu logo then replace it with a Chevy logo!

I don't know man, to each their own but this just flat out seems silly to me!

Last edited by VehiX : 09/21/2005 at 10:50 AM

VehiX I do agree... weird to me.

In the end, I guess this guy is much closer to the truth than the rest of us who have rebadged. Isuzu and Chevrolet have a long standing relationship and cross breeding. My guess would be that this guy/girl is probably doing a little tongue-in-cheek kind of thing with that badge. My Maserati badge started out kind of tongue-in-cheek as well - a push back on "cars that aren't" - you know, the LEXUS Camry, the LEXUS Land Cruiser, the INFINITI Maxima, the CADILLAC Suburban, the LINCOLN Expedition, the MASERATI LeBaron convertible, etc., etc, etc. I've started to take it off several times, but you know - I have enjoyed the opportunities it has given me to talk about the vehicle. Put that badge on the back, and virtually no one will walk by without stopping to look at it. 9 out of 10 still ask me what kind of car it is! Those that don't usually start off with "is that a Maserati?" to which I say "No, it's a concept car from Isuzu" only about 20% ever ask "Why does it say Maserati on the back". The VX does not, IMO get the respect it deserves with ISUZU on the back, put one of those other logos on the back, and you'll think you're driving a totally different car based on the questions and looks. I have never once had someone say something about trying to misrepresent it or trying to look like I had something I didn't (at least not to my face ) because I don't try to misrepresent it. Even if someone says "Wow, that's a nice Maserati" my first response is that it is not a Maserati.

Anyway, just my tribute to all the posers out there....if you think for about 10 minutes you can add 50+ vehicles to the poser list above.
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Wheres the love!?!??!
    2000 Black VX 105k

Thanks for the explanation Raque Thomas.

I'm not trying to offend or knock on anyone for what they may do to their vehicles or VX, again to each their own

I was really just curious as to WHY someone may do this and I guess you've explained it.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raque Thomas
    In the end, I guess this guy is much closer to the truth than the rest of us who have rebadged. Isuzu and Chevrolet have a long standing relationship and cross breeding.
    Any doubts about this statement can be put to rest by finding the GM stamp on your fan shroud.

I put NASA badging on mine just for fun, and boy is it ever.... people are dumb. I have to get the "Is that really made by NASA?" remark once a week and to those people I say "Why yes, yes it is" And if they keep asking Q's I feed them the most BS you have ever heard in your life, and that is very entertaining to me. People will believe ANYTHING if you say it with a straight face. Sometimes I can't hold it back and have to break out laughing... then I usually give them the real info.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

That is so true... I have a similar sense of humor - not that I condone "lying" or anything, but it's so funny to see if you can slip one by somebody, then when it's successful, continue on until the story gets so outlandish that they couldn't possibly believe it. I'm surprised how far I can go sometimes!

It's funny though about your NASA badge... I was looking at my VX from across a parking lot the other day and thinking about how a lot of people have referred to it as a "moon rover", and how appropriate the NASA badge looks on the back. If only I had thought of it first!!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaVX
    I put NASA badging on mine just for fun, and boy is it ever....

Steve

LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES....YA NEVER KNOW
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrk
    Let us not forget the Merc VX and the Ferrari VX
    Then again, it must have some sort of Mercedes look about it because that's what someone at work assumed it was that first day I drove it into the parking lot.

I'm waiting to see if Coach Reed will have a Chevy badge on his VX once he has the LS1 conversion completed.