Thread: Anyone with Yok AVS ST's with some milage on them?

Anyone with Yok AVS ST's with some milage on them?

Is anyone running the Yokohama AVS ST tires on the VX that they have had on and put some milage on them. I was set on these for mine but many tire dealers indicate poor wear and very noisy after minimum wear. I know some are running these but not sure if they were recently installed...Thanks

They are wrong. Had mine for 28k miles. They do wear faster than I had hoped cause they are very soft rubber, but they still have another few 1,000 left in them. No louder than the day I bought them either.

Have these dealers ever even had them on THEIR cars? Great performing tire (cept for snow and offroad) and excellent looking.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

WormGod, I knew that you ran these and praised them as well as Tomdietrying but don't know anyone else running. I really like the look and the size I want 285/60/18 on stock rims. Tomdietrying indcated he did not require trimming on his and if I recall I believe you made some minor trims...I keep mine 99% on pavement and a little beach driving here in FL.

I have used the AVS' for the last two years.. They are a very good tire for certain conditions. Pavement driving with rain, GREAT! Pavement driving with snow, NO!! They do wonderfully offroad although this last trip to Moab I did see a few more "chunks" missing from the tread. Sand covering a hard surface, you see yourself slide a bit but, I imagine you would do fine on the beach.

It really depends on the type of driving you want more performance on and what looks you want. The Nitto's are a great all-round tire but have the off-road look. The Yoke's have a great street look but, are limited on their best performance to the street.

Even though I love the Yokes, I'll probably go with the Nittos by next year's Moab trip.
    Scott / moncha.com

I'm at 1 year and uhh 16k miles I guess and I still like them. They stick very well, but I can break them loose on the dry pavement, it just takes some effort. I rotated them for the first time at around 16k and I should have a bit earlier. Oh well. They are wearing very well though, I'd expect somewhere around 40k miles out of them at this rate. We'll see.

-Tad

Ya, I think the trimming issue is "what wheel are you using". My wheels are deep dish and like to pound the tire out of the well a bit. This makes for a tighter turn for the tire in the wells. I had some cutting to do. Trust me, I did not want to, but it was all plastic. No metal.

Just keep your wheels in mind. I did extremely minimal trimming when I had them mounted on my stock wheels. I know many folks didnt have to trim with them, but, for some reason or another, I had some minor rubbing.

Thanks fro input everyone. I must say I will haqve to go for the Yoks..