Thread: Parking/Marker light question...

Question Parking/Marker light question...

I recently bought an '01 Vehicross and noticed that the left hand parking/marker light was inoperative (the rectangular amber lens directly below the driver's side headlight on the front bumper cover). I found out that the housing was filled with water due to having a right side housing in the left side.
    I ordered a new housing and just replaced it only to find out that I still have a problem. Both housings are correct now and have the correct bulbs installed, but the right side stays on with the car running much as a daytime running light would even w/o the parking lights on, but does not flash when the hazards or turn signal is activated. The left side bulb does not stay lit while the vehicle is running, but does flash with the hazards or turn signal activated as it should.
    My question is should these lights be on all the time with the vehicle running as day time running lights do or should they only come on when the proper turn signal is activated? Any ideas as to why the rightside light does not flash when the turn signal is activated?
    I love the sight and it is somewhat comforting to know that I am not the only one having frustration with poorly designed window regulators

Thanks ahead of time for any help,
    Jason

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Jason,
    The turn signal lights should always remain off unless you have activated the E-flashers or turn signal. Auto electrics & wiring is probably my worst "subject" so I can't help you there...maybe someone else will chime in.
    Ldub

Sounds like someone has added one of the turn signal mods, with mine or Scott's - check for extra connections at the fender lights and behind the front turnsignals and compare to the instructions on the site for side marker turn signals.