Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JDM stereo instructions translation ??

Question JDM stereo instructions translation ??

looking at JDM VX purchase, have found the instruction books but they are all in Japanese..does any one here have [Europeans perhaps or US collectors] have translated versions of the JDM manuals..OZVX has been kind enough to assist with some gear he has but I'm wondering whether a translation is available partucularly for the stereo/screen/camera...there are just way to many buttons..the first level of menus is English then straight into Japanese and symbols....we couldn't seem to hit the right buttons to back out so we just bailed and turned the key off hoping we'd be thrown out of whatever menu we'd gone to..but screens and stuff look great !! ..but I just want to know what we're doin...particularly when my wife asks me what to do !!

Thanks
    David Down Under

David,

Sorry mate but so far I've had no luck getting English translation for a Jap VX. I have manuals for the US version but there's not much in them and they do not have the same stereo or the reversing camera. It was a couple of days before I found the hidden cassette player! It's just trial and error, I've got the graphic equaliser sorted but I've lost how to adjust balance etc. I let my 2 1/2 year old boy play with it he seems to get further than me!

Col

Question

Hey thanks mate ..anyway my son who's into the latest stereo gear I'll let have another go at it, and see if we can nut it out..ALSO I can't remember the brand or model number of the unit...it looks familiar to the current crop of double din units from Fujitsui and Eclipse..[I don't have the car yet to check...hopefully the deal will be done tomorrow ..but then there will be the usual dealer wait to get thru registration etc etc...hey its red like yours..!!]

Col [sorry]...back to the ? would you happen to know/remember the brand even the model # , of the JDM stereo, and I'll try and do a 'goggle' on it..I've tried all sorts of combos so far ..stereo, Isuzu etc etc drawing blanks all round..

Thanks
    David

The JDM camera module I looked at was made by Clarion, I believe.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

David,

I checked out as much of my stereo as I could get to easily and only found Japanese! However I believe it is a Clarion unit, as John says the reversing camera is Clarion and if you check out their web site their latest stuff looks similar.

Col

Thanks Col
    I also looked at it during a final check over before purchase and in the top RH corner of the face of the units screen is the name "addset' but doing a google I got nothing close to that...I also had a closer look in the JDM owners book..and the instructions to use it are only 4 pp long so..the other Aussie david on this site has a contact in Japan ..if I ask nicely, may be they might be able to translate those pages for us..

david

more info .. a little bit..

the unit IS by Clarion using the name ADDZEST..ahead of its time in its time !!, but I'll need to get model numbers to keep going..I did start searching sites/forums in New Zealand where they have a thriving market in 'Jap' imports..and several OEM Addzest stereo/bits are for sale..nothing exact same but certainly interesting with Japanese GPS and MD etc..I'll keep looking...hmm could be talking to myself...

Your'e not talking to yourself, I'm interested in anything you find out and I'm sure any other UK owners would be. On the subject my screen has just started playing up but I'm hoping it's just a connction.

Col

Question Addzest JDM stereo..more ??

I found a one time post on this Forum from "Shiyaz" from malaysia trying to sell a unit here on the forum, he states the model is a.."I have a japanese Vehicross original audio and tv moniter ADDZEST/CLARION VAX 7250 "...I have done searches on this using Google and don't get much [thats readable and in English, and I've tried the Japanese Addzest site [in the hope that they might have an archive section for OEM stuff they have produced..but the site is in their language only with no 'English" icon...is the model identity right..what else would you suggest for searching out info on the Addzest...I have checked the Clarion sites as well...nothing there that I could find....is there a way of translating foreign language sites..

Thanks

Question japanese translations - formats/how to ..??

Ok ? I have scanned my VX JDM manual pages [5] for the Addzest...and saved them as .jpg ...but how can i get these translated to English..the AltaVista site wants/uses text..but as they are saved in .jpg or.bmp formats ....how can i convert it to text format that the translator can recognise ...and so that I can then cut and paste them etc as I translate..??? Is such a process possible...

Thanks

Hi,
    From your Addzest picture, you got some of the inputs wrong.
    1. power etc
    2. CD Changer Input
    3. VTR or Rear camera
    4. GPS
    5. ???????? (currently testing the signals.)
    6. aerial, factory cabling with > 3.5mm screw in fittings
    7. 1 Video out and 2 audio out (L + R). The video will still show if you release the handbrake. Good for passenger viewing.

If you find out what is No. 5 let me know.

Thanks.

Ameet

Update :
    Model: GF
    QZ-90101
    12V - Ground
    No. 00312287
    Clarion
    Last edited by ameetw : 11/26/2005 at 05:26 PM
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Hey Ameet
    thanks for the corrections, when my stereo guys pull mine out early in the new year I'll get them to confirm the outputs/inputs again [as you've listed]and i'll advise what they eventually do to get the TV/DVD side of it working ..and whether we can get an Clarion GPS unit to hook up and talk to it..that would be the ultimate, once and for all we'll 'crack' this baby..I'd like to look at some speaker enhancements as well, without going the 'doof doof' root..

Talk soon
    Looking forward to hearing about the door check pin bush..
    Regards
    david

ADDZEST/CLARION VAX 7250 for sale!

I have an OEM Japanese ADDZEST/CLARION VAX 7250 unit for sale!

Please look my pictures under SAM to see a unit at work!

These are absolute rare. Made by Clarion but badged under Addzest (which is the Clarion market name in Japan).

Anyone interested, please make sensible offers! My VX is contected up to a multi-regional dvd player with reversing camera as standard!

Kind regards

If you can get the text posted as a web page then you could run it through Google's language translation service.

http://www.google.com/language_tools

Also good for viewing any foriegn web sites.

Hi,
    Good thread, I'm intested in anything going on the standard JDM unit. Mine will actually do NTSC (Japan) TV as well. I have worked out most of the options and have got it set up quite well. Nothing written down though but I could knock up something basic if there is interest.

Cheers.......