Thread: Flying the VX

Flying the VX

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how may folks have jumped their VX's...

I jumped mine twice the first month I had it. First time with two kids (who thought it was awesome), then with their prego mom (told me she wanted to pop the baby out). Got about 3 feet each time and figured I should knock it off before I break something. I didn’t notice any damage to suspension or anything but did suffer a broken subwoofer mount.
    1999 Lotus VX Ironman Edition
    It's fun to rebadge...

Thumbs up Again, Again

You have to do it one more time. Next time take some pictures. I think it's the coolest thing when I see a pic of a VX flying.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

LOL....If God had meant for VXs to fly......

Awsome photos................
    John

I managed to get the Dragon off the ground at the last RallyCross it ran, but still haven't got the video yet. Flat ground, but apparently I came across some deep ruts just right to launch. Since it was near the finish it got a lot of attention. Unfortunately it cost me some time as you can't accelerate while airborne!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I always think of this pic..............

I wonder what colour this reporters underwear was after.
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

O.K. I'll fess up--not like anyone reads this...right? First week I took it to a local RR xing, on a dirt road. Fairly abrupt break over angle, and a nice long, gentle landing ramp...(at least from the one direction-pretty violent landing the other) It's a spot the "kids" have discovered, and every WRX,Evo,and Wrangler within 20 miles have gotten air there.John's towing says they pull them out of the trees, and winch their shattered suspensions onto the rollback pretty regularly. Then we get them. Oh well, every time I see on limp into the shop, Front bumper cover shredded or front wheel sticking out at a sickening angle, I think back 4 years to a maniac old enough to know better, in an unfamiliar vehicle, spending a good hour going faster and faster each pass. The VX would launch and settle with such aplomb you just HAD to go a little harder next time. At 50 or so it felt like Rally Cyprus... as if the flights lasted10 seconds and covered a hundred yards. I was alone so I've no clue as to how high or far, but no damage...and several were done at well over fifty. Wonder who got it right, ME or ISUZU?

LOL! Yeah Dutchguy, that's the one that springs to mind for me too. And you just know someone got that VX later, had no clue what had been done to it, and got all PO'd that they had to replace the shocks right after they got it. LOL!