Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luggage Rack Cross Bars

Question Luggage Rack Cross Bars

O.K. here it goes. How do I install my luggage rack cross bars? The first thing is I cannot seem to be able to remove the four plates where the cross bars fit. How do I do that? If I can do that, I'm sure I can do the rest. I just don't want to force them off and break them. Thanks.
    Tom

Smile Cross bars

The plates just pull off ..They are marked on the inside to where they go..I just gave mine away w/yakama bike rack to my nephew for his VX..Mine came with it from the Dealer..Is there a key for the bike rack??He is going to install some other brand of bike rack on the cross bars..Some kind of fork rack? I am not a bike guy.. The yakama rack will be for sale soon if anyone is interested in it?? Tony B

Wink once again

i would like to reiterate my desire to obtain those elusive roof rack covers from anyone willing to part w/them, please email me (or post) if your willing to donate / sell / barter the covers. Thanx again and bless....x

Roof rack

Does anyone want to part with their Yakima roof rack?

I finally remembered that I have the original roof rack installation instructions when I bought my VX... They are now in .pdf form in the downloads section under manuals...
    Hope this helps alot with questions...
    Scott / moncha.com

Exclamation NEED ROOF RACK AND BIKE RACK

Can someone help me find the cheapest outlet to convert my Vehicross into a vehicle capable of transporting bikes? Where can i get the roof rack and bike rack?

James
    bowlinja@yahoo.com

See what kind of price St Charles Isuzu Has. They are very goosd and have free shipping.. Ask for Merlin and let him know that you are from this site..

Re: NEED ROOF RACK AND BIKE RACK

The OEM Yakima roof rack has to be ordered from an Isuzu dealer, and I agree that St. Charles Isuzu is the best one. http://www.isuzuparts.net is the runner up, but service is definately better at St. Charles, this is where I ordered mine.
    In terms of the bike rack, you have more freedom here. Any yakima bike attachment will do. Shop around to find the best price for the one you want. A popular choice is rackwarehouse.com: http://www.rackwarehouse.com/yakima-...k-bicycle.html, but a lot of other places carry yakima too.
    I really wanted Yakima King Cobra, the lockable upright mount that can handle pretty much any bike. Did some searching on froogle.com, and found it on http://www.outbackgear.com about $25 cheaper than at most other places.
    To atach the bike rack to the OEM roof rack, you will also need the horizontal Mighty Mounts. They can be ordered from most places that carry Yakima stuff, or from the Isuzu dealer where you get the roof rack. I made a mistake of not making sure that they have to be ordered separetly, and ended up having to stick my mountain bike inside of my VX, not on top as I originally planned when I went away for the 4th of July weekend. I should be getting them within the next few days, and then I'll finally be able to install the bike rack.
    All together cost me around $400 for the setup.
    Happy riding.

- Ed Y.
    Originally posted by bowlinja
    Can someone help me find the cheapest outlet to convert my Vehicross into a vehicle capable of transporting bikes? Where can i get the roof rack and bike rack?

James
    bowlinja@yahoo.com
    2001 Kaiser "The Silver Shadow" VX #841

Before I go the dealer route, does anybody have the OEM rook rack they wish to part with? It is end of the month, and surprisingly, I still have a few dollars in my pocket.

Re: Re: NEED ROOF RACK AND BIKE RACK

Originally posted by edyavno
    The OEM Yakima roof rack has to be ordered from an Isuzu dealer...
    - Ed Y.
    What's the difference between the OEM and the direct from Yakima?

Jonathan

You cannot get the "actual" Rack (Uprights & cross bars) from Yakima you have to get them from Isuzu. (At least no one to my knowledge has found them elsewhere)

Here's a re-print of a post that I made helping another looking for racks and parts.

>>> The Load Warrior is a Cargo Basket that attaches to the OEM roof rack from Isuzu.. You MUST have the OEM roof rack from Isuzu to attach the Load Warrior.. There have been some folk that have come up with roof racks by assembling pieces from Yakima.. I'm not going there.

You don't NEED any "Extension" for the LW but, it is available as an option as well as a whole bunch of other items like Light Mount Brackets, Spare Tire Mount, Hi-Lift Jack brackets, Axe Mounting Bracket, Stretch Nets, and even Zippered, Velcroed, enclosed soft packs. These are all optional addons for the LW system along with the assortment of bike attaching items.

Here's some visual aids to help you in your quest..

OEM Roof Rack

OEM "Wing Bar" close up

Load Warrior Cargo Basket

Load Warrior Extension (It goes in between the 2 halves of the LW to extend the length)

The link I gave you (bikeusa.com) is just the best place that I've found for prices on Yak equipment.
    I'd give you specific links to the Yak site but tit is done totally in Flash so, you have to navagate through your self.. <<<<

The rack number is 2-90116-900-0 here is a link to the rack manual showin all the parts and numbers.

I hope the visuals help some.

I see, I have the cross bars already, but the basket can be had through Isuzu or Yakima, same thing. Got it. Started thinking the basket was different.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Originally posted by wfjfg
    Before I go the dealer route, does anybody have the OEM rook rack they wish to part with? It is end of the month, and surprisingly, I still have a few dollars in my pocket.
    When I have extra cash at the end of the month...It usually means I forgot to pay something!
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Re: ..............

Originally posted by SPAZZ
    with the way I drive, that bike would be scraped clean off of the back.
    Mine is the type of VX that when you pull it back, it pops a wheely when it goes forward!!!;Dp;
    SPAZZ, BTW how's that repair going ? Have you thought of converting it into cabrio or semi VX2 ?