Thread: ABS Light Illuminated - Why?

ABS Light Illuminated - Why?

Ever since I took my brakes apart to paint the calipers and install steel braided brake lines, my ABS light has been illuminated. The brakes work fine and I'm fairly certain that the system was thoroughly bled. What does this light mean? I haven't tried resetting the ECU, but I will if I have to (although I'm avoiding this because re-entering all my presets and settings in my radio is not a trivial task). Any thoughts?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Reset the ECU, it may be a trip from the work you did.. Go to an auto parts stoe and see if you can fin a little device that runs from a 9volt battery that plugs into your cig lighter and keeps your presets for you.
    Scott / moncha.com

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Sounds like you may have trashed a speed sensor and that will NOT come up on most ECU scans. I tore my right rear sensor wire in Moab last year and I have the light on and no rear ABS - no code with several scanners. Have you tested to see if you the front ABS is working by stopping hard in a parking lot?

To reset the computer so you don't loose your presets or clock, remove the cover below the cd changer and unplug the three large connectors to the ECU for a few minutes.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.