Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zu Zoo VIII - Trail List

Zu Zoo VIII - Trail List

Ok this is the preview peek to take the pressure off of Mike (the Web Guy).

Registration should be online shortly as will this list of trails. We ARE NOT doing online trail signup this year. We will be posting a list for each trail and have onsite signup. This list will include, Trail Leader, CB Channel, a brief trail description, when and when the group meets.

Registration and T-shirts will be available online and payment through Paypal will be accepted.

Here is this years trails:

Wednesday Metal Masher 4
    Wednesday Fins-n-Things 3.5
    Wednesday Seven Mile Rim 3.5
    Thursday Behind the Rocks 4+
    Thursday Elephant Hill 3.5
    Thursday Kane Creek 3.5 (maybe 4)
    Thursday Poison Spider Mesa 4
    Friday Golden Spike 4+
    Friday Pritchett Canyon 4+
    Friday Top of the World 3
    Friday Gold Bar Rim 3.5
    Saturday Moab Rim 4.5
    Saturday Steel Bender 3.5
    Saturday Fins-n-Things 3.5
    Saturday Hell's Revenge 4.5

Those interest in particular trail, feel free to email me direct. We would like to monitor the interest and we may add additional trails as necessary.

Thanks a bunch!!

Steve G
    lttlbddy@hotmail.com
    Last edited by lttlbddy : 03/21/2005 at 09:20 PM

On Site sign up? Meaning when we check in & register at Portal campground?
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Check in and register has always been at Portal. The difference this year is that you will need to stop at Portal to sign up for trails as well.

Steve G

Cool

So, what trails are everyone thinking about doing?
    Here is what I am thinking...
    Tue...VX only run
    Wen...7 mile rim or metal masher (might need some convincing for this one)
    Thur...kane creek
    Fri...gold bar rim
    Sat...steel bender
    Made reservations today for camping at the portal camp ground (waiting for comfirmation) for the 16th-21st.
    Will arrive in the p.m. of the 16th and depart in the a.m. of the 22nd.
    Last edited by Triathlete : 03/22/2005 at 12:12 PM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Some thoughts on currently listed trails:

A lot of the tougher trails are on Friday & Saturday which gives little time to get parts & effect repairs if necessary.That is if your leaving Moab on Sunday.

Todd is leading Elephant Hill on Thursday & that's a nice trail for stock VXers but it takes 1.3 hours just to get there.

Kane Creek is OK for stock VX (Just one rough spot)but same day as Elephant Hill.

Fins & Things is fun trail for VXs

Possibly we could set a meeting (Dinner Monday night) before registration on Tuesday & decide as far as trail selection-who- what- when- where.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Dragon
    Kane Creek is OK for stock VX (Just one rough spot)but same day as Elephant Hill.
    Hey Bob, how you doin?

Wanted to clarify something on Kane Creek, and find out the last time you were on it?

I ran it in November, and it has gotten VERY eroded and nearly a full rating point higher than the last time I ran it three and a half years prior. Then I felt it was over rated and was between a 3-3.5. Now I feel it is deserving of a 4.

The group we took up had seom decently built rigs, and it wasnt the cake walk I remember it being. There was definitely effort, finesse, and sheer brute force displayed by a lot of veteran rigs/drivers to get through.

Just an FYI for a recent run of things. Not saying that it is impossible. It IS do-able with a stock rig, just be mindful of things like rockers, and willingness to take a strap... YMMV
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Good Choices Billy. I think you will enjoy them all. I'll probably do several of those myself.

Bob, Wanna do Pritchett and Hells revenge????
    Last edited by Swordy : 03/23/2005 at 07:17 PM
    Its the thrill of the chase

I may change my mind but those are the ones I'm leaning towards from all the reading and photos I've seen. I like the trail to be a little challenging and my ego is not to big to take a strap if it is needed or someone with more experience thinks its a good idea!

I have a theory about that. It goes like this....

"If you don't get stuck once in a while, you're not having enough fun."

Quote Originally Posted by Locomigo
    Hey Bob, how you doin?

Wanted to clarify something on Kane Creek, and find out the last time you were on it?

I ran it in November, and it has gotten VERY eroded and nearly a full rating point higher than the last time I ran it three and a half years prior. Then I felt it was over rated and was between a 3-3.5. Now I feel it is deserving of a 4.

The group we took up had seom decently built rigs, and it wasnt the cake walk I remember it being. There was definitely effort, finesse, and sheer brute force displayed by a lot of veteran rigs/drivers to get through.

Just an FYI for a recent run of things. Not saying that it is impossible. It IS do-able with a stock rig, just be mindful of things like rockers, and willingness to take a strap... YMMV

Thanks for the update. Haven't run it lately, Sounds like a good time challenge too me. I will put Kane Creek on my list.

Bob

It's been a long time coming but registration is up!

Zu Zoo Registration

You can register for the event and buy apparel. Trail registration will happen at the event.

Sorry for the delay.

Steve Gardiner

Thumbs down No Go

Logged in but cannot register for event. Place 1 in # of party but not accepted????

Mac Powerbook with Safari.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Thumbs down

Me neither - G4 PB OS 10.4 / Safari - Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/planet25/public_html/register/register_default_insert.php on line 19

Site does say Explorer 5.x required but it won't go past letting me set of an account - goes in a loop to event registration over and over.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

After registering I had to close that area and then went to the fees area. Clicked on "add" to the order and was able to print up an mail in invoice. It also had a papal option.

For those that were on kane creek last year with us you know that i had to winch quite a few up one ledge. I would have to put Kane Creek at a 3 1/2 ++
    Todd