Thread: OEM style MP3 CD

OEM style MP3 CD

Check this out:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ggupCqz...0&I=581T107MP3

Very cool. A single disc replacement that plays MP3 Cd's, but is totally factory look.

Nate

this is what I had in my truck: soundstorm dvds250 and I regret getting rid of it. The only surround system I could find. It is an awesome deck, the only drawback is that the stock amp didn't puch the speakers well at 5.1 dolby digital and it requires a monitor for mp3 playback if you want to use subfolders and such, but that's actually good because it uses a window/folder browser that made it the best of about 4 different mp3 decks I've used in the past. I think I might buy another one if I get a new car, sold mine for 80 after having bought it a year earlier for 230... I replaced it with a computer. When I had it running, I put a monitor in the above din, and sterio where the cd changer was.. worked pretty good. I just think 170 could be better spent

Thumbs up

Nice find for keeping the stock look! Probably much more reliable than the stock changer. LOL!

I just ended up getting two of these (one for each VX): Sony MDX-9905X. Got a wide-angle color camera off eBay for $40 that's already reversed for back-up and should have it in the IronMan's half-moon after next week. I've got one head unit already in the IronMan and it's awesome! For the Dragon I'm doing the hole amp/speaker overhaul, so will be a while on that one but will be sure to post pics of both when done. I just love having TFT video in a standard DIN package and awesome MP3 capability!

Frankie what MP3 apps are you using? I just started (me=mp3 newb) using EAC with LAME and am real happy with it thus far.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I'm using prgrams that are based for windows MediaPlayer. They use buttons to navigate through pages to make them userfriendly with a touchscreen but will work the same with a mouse. It's called frodoplayer but is gonna be fullscreen. I'd recomend winamp for home computers since free always wins my vote.

as for that for stock look, will it display info on the stock deck? I never got to fool around with the original OEM stuff so I kinda missed out on the 6 disk. Know that a mp3 cd can hold about 100-200 songs depending on quality. Imagine having to navigate through them too. If you get stuck with just tracknumbers, that wouldn't be the funnest way to find a song. I had a clarion that that did ok with folders (directories), and would scroll the name of files across the lcd; pretty standard for mp3. Also had an old boss deck that ignored folders and listed entire cd's in track numbers, but also displayed tittles once playing and was capable of limited tittle searches.

by the way, sweet lil deck Joe. I just blew the fuse on my camera and had to go oldschool tonite.. wow I forgot how bad it was not to have one. def post picks, I wanna see what cam you use, mine isn't very onoly 90 degree I think, not too good... but is IR night vision so that's a good tradeoff.

Thumbs up

I just ordered the USA SPEC CD-T107MP3 from "ebay" $158 free shipping! I was going to replace it with the original but, thanks to "Dutchguy" I found what I think will be a better player and with mp3.
    Ed

The OEM deck doesn't lend itself to a lot of info, just disk/track/time and that's about it. As for my camera, I'll get plenty of pics when I do the install and will link here. Just working out the bracket for mounting in the stock location and making a lexan window for the half-moon. On the MP3's, you may want to look at EAC as it uses a variable compression routine that creates outstanding sound quality for an MP3. It's also freeware and is well supported. Puts WMP and WinAmp to shame for ripping.

Very cool! Let us know how it works!

Nate

Question

Has anyone actually installed this single disc unit in the VX? It only says it works with Rodeos. I just want to make sure it works because when I went to request installation instructions from the website it is for sale on, it says it will not fit the VX. My factory is starting to go out.

Thanks,

Luke

Cd/mp3 player

This is the one I bought for my VX and it works great.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ggupCqz...0&I=581T107MP3

Question Feedback on the OEM Style MP3 CD

Could any of you who installed this unit provide us with feedback on how this unit is doing?

I'm considering it as a replacement for the stinky CD changer, but it has 2 reviews at Crutchfield, and they're all bad.