Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: your call sign?

your call sign?

Some forums have had some good fun on this topic and there are a number of interesting methods of why people choose their call sign. I am sure we all have come across some member's call sign that we find peculiar or interesting of what the meaning is behind it.

I will start.....

Unfortunately I have nothing fancy. AZ for Arizona and Skyrider because I am in the Aviation and Aerospace Industry.
    Assimilate this .........

I collect early Hotwheels from 68-72 that have "REDLINE" Sidewall's.
    Real muscle cars had redline tires in the 60's also.
    Last edited by redline : 02/14/2005 at 08:33 PM

Alright... I'll play (little goofy off of a bottle of organic wine from Valentine's dinner). Nothing fancy here, either. Dallas because I use to live in Dallas, and 4U becuase I've used it since I first created an email account on the net back in 95-96. I guess I was single, and I thought '4U' meant "for you, beeotch!!!!".

All kidding aside, I've used it for almost all my usernames on forums and such since that time.

johnnyapollo came from my interest in the space race and toys - there was a toy astronaut from the 60's produced by Marx called Johnny Apollo - since I collect space toys, it seemed to be a fun eBay name. It's stuck with me since.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

For my email and almost any other forum I have gone by Red Diva. Red because I used to sport red hair and Diva, because I am very soft spoken, introverted,....and perform with a demure hip hop group...
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Silverbullet75

Mine's kinda simple...
    Silver= My last name
    Silverbullet=I finally have a car I can name this (VX is Astral Silver)
    75= Born in 1975
    SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

Guess again....(no I'm not a SW fanatic) My first name was... cali4niaVXer (yea,like I'm the only VXer in California) so I changed it to a more creative name since the VX is built on the Japanese 2 door TROOPER platform that can handle STORMy weather, and it does kinda resemble a certain heavily cladded movie character.
    Last edited by StormTROOPER : 02/15/2005 at 02:41 AM
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

Smile

Well...my handle came from my nickname. My last name translated from Dutch means "The Bear" in English and the "54" came from the year I was born. Easy for me to remember since my nickname has been with me since High School(just a few years ago )
    John

I got my nickname from a good friend of mine.
    In early 90's Internet was still in a toddler stage in my country. I used to go by ^kate^ - English translation of my Polish name. That was when we were still experimenting with creating hosts, lots of IRC and some other stuff. Then around 97 Internet became free for all. All of the sudden netiquette was non existent anymore. Any female nickname was in danger, as masses discovered anonymity of chat and cybersex. I and other girls identifying themselves us such, were a target of some nasty individuals.
    One day I was working on a project with a friend of mine from a different city. IRC was our way of communication but I was being blown off the net every couple of seconds. Then my friend sent me a brief e-mail to change my nick. He said yal would be a good nickname for me. I added that little ^ character, so the rest of my friends new it was me.
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

My call sign is simply what I do. I have been a triathlete for over 12 years and have done over 200 triathlons. That includes 6 half Ironmans and I will be doing my 10th Ironman 2 months from now!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Isce

ISCE stands for Integrated Systems for Computing & Engineering. It is the acronymn I created for a series of software tools I developed over the years. My tools integrate corporate ERP/MRP systems and has as the premier tool ISCEdm - or Data Manager. This is really a PLM, Product Lifecycyle Management tool that manages all the revision control, as well as searching, viewing, printing, and product structure data for the companies using my tools.

My last name is Sirkin and there is are these series of Polish paintings that have the name Cyrk on them, My family had one of the paintings when I was growing up and the name stuck cause people already called me sirk, but I liked the way Cyrk was written better. I think Cyrk is for circus in those paintings?

autox-racer = auto cross racer. Basically I run a formula SAE car in autocrosses.

Anthony

i have been using psychos2 for about 10 years. it started as an hotmail email address my brother and i thought up. we are both into horror movies he is also into special effects makeup.the name has to do with the movie Psycho.i also use the name Nbates13p which Norman Bates is from Psycho. shawn
    1COOLVX

i stole mine off my minidisc player
    ________
    Vaporizer
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:58 PM